Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,348
Registered: ‎10-18-2011

I see bust or hip measurements shown regularly during many shows.  It's a convenience.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 591
Registered: ‎05-20-2014

I agree that Shawn seems to go to her many frivolous and silly comments rather than selling the garment. I have to keep turning the channel because, while fun SOME of the time, she gets irritating very quickly. PLEASE have another host from time to time. My biggest gripe is that she seems to know very little about anything. Here's a sampling from last Monday night.

 "The Tango? What is that?"

"'Company'......(the broadway musical)......I never heard of it."

"Henry James?  Who was he?"

I wish she would not reveal that she seems to know very little.......even Fashion seems to elude her!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,144
Registered: ‎09-14-2010

I seriously do not get that woman.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

I don't watch "her" shows because she's just annoying.

 

But I do watch her sometimes with Isaac because they can be pretty funny. together.

 

But their funny doesn't make me buy anything.

 

But, then, giving sizing info doesn't make me buy anything either.

 

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,424
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Shawn Please!!

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny wrote:

Not all of us wish to run to another room to look at the computer.


Totally agree!  And frankly, you wouldn't have to do so if the host was doing her job.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,614
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

OMG - yes. Too much talking, too fast, with little detail on the item. We know she loves everything and its "fab"....but please be more helpful. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,188
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

The constant butchering of the English language from some of the hosts drives me nuts. It is just "cray cray." uggh..

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,463
Registered: ‎05-10-2013

I do not understand what the attraction is between her and QVC is, there are more and more people getting annoyed with her antics and silliness. Why do they keep putting up with it and insisting on making her the "star" attraction? There are so many things wrong like the beauty banter, does anyone else think it is just plain rude to sit on the couch barefoot with no make up and hair uncombed talking to someone in full makeup and dressed nicely? So disrespectfull.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,566
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

@Lioncub3000 wrote:

Watching last night and Shawn worked my last good nerve. She didn't offend me but someone needs to seriously talk to her. Love Love Love Issac Mizrahi but he looked so uncomfortable trying to explain what the tango is and she wouldn't let it go. Cringe worthy. Got worse when she attempted to interview Katia the model. There is NO such thing as speaking Haitian. In light of the aftermath of Matthew, she could have been more sensitive. BTW the island of Haiti speak English, French, Creole and Spanish. Props to Katia for getting through that mess and being gracious. Shawn could've handled that better...acknowledge your igorance and quickly change the topic. Shawn...time to step up your professionalism and not be sooooo ANNOYING! 


@Lioncub3000

I suspect the interview was filmed prior to Matthew; at least I hope so!

Super Contributor
Posts: 364
Registered: ‎09-26-2010

@Lioncub3000 wrote:

Watching last night and Shawn worked my last good nerve. She didn't offend me but someone needs to seriously talk to her. Love Love Love Issac Mizrahi but he looked so uncomfortable trying to explain what the tango is and she wouldn't let it go. Cringe worthy. Got worse when she attempted to interview Katia the model. There is NO such thing as speaking Haitian. In light of the aftermath of Matthew, she could have been more sensitive. BTW the island of Haiti speak English, French, Creole and Spanish. Props to Katia for getting through that mess and being gracious. Shawn could've handled that better...acknowledge your igorance and quickly change the topic. Shawn...time to step up your professionalism and not be sooooo ANNOYING! 


@Lioncub3000

 

Actually Haitian Creole is the official language of Haiti.  It is spoken by 90% of the people of the island. The other 10% speak French.  Some have picked up English, etc., but Haitian Creole is the official language.  Shawn was correct.  

http://www.indiana.edu/~creole/creolenatllangofhaiti.html