Valued Contributor

I like Shawn, but I am appalled at what she wore for Saturday's show....a little beach cover, it looked like! Not professional at all, for three hours of programming.......she has access to everything possible, including H by Halston and certainly Issac, so why was she practically undressed on TV on Saturday?

Shawnie Sue!!!  Come on, girlfriend! Put some designer clothes on and look amazing!

Respected Contributor

I think it is ok for a host to wear whatever they choose. What is terrible is when a host wears qvc clothing and it does not fit or does not flatter. I will not name names but some hosts look ridiculous in what they are selling.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Hosts on QVC fashion shows SHOULD always wear QVC clothing.  It's ridiculous that they don't.

\

No, what's ridiculous is that idea! I've never been in a store where sales people are wearing the merchandise!

Well I have.  Sales clerks at Ann Taylor, Loft, NY and Co Banana Republic, Anthropologie,  J Crew, etc. etc. etc. ALL wear the store's clothing.

Mary Beth wears LCNY; Carolyn wears D&Co.; Amy wears Logo; whichever host wears Halston; hosts wear Joan Rivers and Bob Mackie, etc. The hosts obviously know you should help sell by wearing what you sell. Shawn makes her money selling Q merchandise, not by selling it to others but it's not her "style."

Respected Contributor

I think Shawn, like Lisa before her, is more interested in selling herself than the merchandise she's there to sell.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger

[ Edited ]

Do you know how many times I've called CS to find out if a piece of clothing or shoes worn by hosts and sometimes models are Q items only to be told it is their own and not a QVC item?  I told the rep that hosts and models should wear QVC products and she agreed with me but said they are allowed to wear whatever they want.  So don't blame Shawn or any of the other hosts for not wearing Q items. 

And about Shawn's tube top or opinions of her being dressed inappropriately.........how about Josie M with her Argan presentations?  She's half naked most of the time, plunging necklines and very short skirts and looks like she's going clubbing instead of selling.  No need to dress that way even though she's slathering that Argan oil all over her arms.  Bottom line, the Q allows it!!!

Honored Contributor

One of the girls I worked with used to work at NY & Co part-time.  When she first started working there, they were required to wear currently being sold in the store, clothing.  While she was still working there, they dropped that requirement.  That was at least 8 years ago.  While she still wore some NY& Co clothing to work there, she didn't wear all of the clothing from that store.

I was in Ann Taylor a few years ago and a sales woman was wearing an outfit that had all the tags attached still.  She happily admitted she was wearing it for the day and when her shift was over, she was changing and her outfit was going back on the rack to be sold.  She said they do that often in that particular store. 

I personally think the hosts should be wearing QVC clothing if they are presenting fashions.  I also think they should be wearing QVC clothing in any fashion promos they do for QVC but that isn't the case either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

One of the girls I worked with used to work at NY & Co part-time.  When she first started working there, they were required to wear currently being sold in the store, clothing.  While she was still working there, they dropped that requirement.  That was at least 8 years ago.  While she still wore some NY& Co clothing to work there, she didn't wear all of the clothing from that store.

I was in Ann Taylor a few years ago and a sales woman was wearing an outfit that had all the tags attached still.  She happily admitted she was wearing it for the day and when her shift was over, she was changing and her outfit was going back on the rack to be sold.  She said they do that often in that particular store. 

I personally think the hosts should be wearing QVC clothing if they are presenting fashions.  I also think they should be wearing QVC clothing in any fashion promos they do for QVC but that isn't the case either. 

Ewww. She wore the clothing with tags attached and then put them back on the rack?  Smelly much.  Just disgusting.  Ugh.

Trusted Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Do you know how many times I've called CS to find out if a piece of clothing or shoes worn by hosts and sometimes models are Q items only to be told it is their own and not a QVC item?  I told the rep that hosts and models should wear QVC products and she agreed with me but said they are allowed to wear whatever they want.  So don't blame Shawn or any of the other hosts for not wearing Q items. 

And about Shawn's tube top or opinions of her being dressed inappropriately.........how about Josie M with her Argan presentations?  She's half naked most of the time, plunging necklines and very short skirts and looks like she's going clubbing instead of selling.  No need to dress that way even though she's slathering that Argan oil all over her arms.  Bottom line, the Q allows it!!!

In reference here to the remark about Josie and her wardrobe, I totally agree. I don't believe she wears those dresses to apply Argan oils. She wears the summer and party look all seasons, even when snowing outside. She could wear anything "normal" and still apply the Argan with short sleeved sweaters, tops, etc.

It, to me, is an obvious and blatant attempt to appear like a "glamour" queen as if she is a special "celebrity".    

I tire of it and her even though the Argan body butter is nice. But I am also tired of her claim of "finding" and "inventing" Argan oil.

Adrian Arpel, (and others) have years and years on her. I wish she would speak the truth.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I don't care whether the hosts wear their clothes or QVC clothes; however, the strapless dress was inappropriate ~ especially when Shawn had to "tug it up" a few times when sitting with Isaac.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Ewww. She wore the clothing with tags attached and then put them back on the rack?  Smelly much.  Just disgusting.  Ugh.

I was appalled when she told me that.  I walked out without buying anything.