Valued Contributor

Her outfit this afternoon was just too over the top to believe it was a serious attempt at stylishness.  IMO someone doing that is the equivalent of jumping up and down and screaming "Look at ME, look at ME, it's all about ME!".

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Anything posted on the outfit gets poofed.....be forwarned

You know, if I attempted to wear that outfit on air in front of millions of people, I would really hope and pray that a good friend would take me aside and just say "NO Trinity, you cannot wear that." You're an attractive woman and that dress is appropriate for a very young woman at the beach." "Please understand that your dress looks like something Norma Desmond wouldn't even attempt to wear."

Had to look up "Norma Desmond":

"Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard"

Trusted Contributor

"Glenn Close as Norma Desmond..."

Honored Contributor

@Sandyx3 wrote:

"Glenn Close as Norma Desmond..."

Uh Oh! Don't give Shawn any ideas....

Esteemed Contributor

It's all about social media and how many likes a host can get in order to boost the QVC bottom line. It's why outlandish is the new norm because safe doesn't sell.

QVC controls their host's QVC fb pages and I'll bet that those outfits increase their metrics and page views there and here. Look at how much discussion one person's outfit gets even when it's not fashionable and not even sold on QVC.

Valued Contributor

But doesn't QVC make their money selling merchandise?  If people are repelled by a host to the point of turning off the TV, it has to hurt.  Some will always tune in just to be amused if they find her amusing, but others will avoid her.  Likes in social media don't pay the bills.