Honored Contributor

@Katcat1, i did have a weak moment and thought I'd try leggings, even asked how to buy them on the forums...but never went further.  

I have a girl friend that has totally embraced them....she is petite and not heavy at all...I think it is not a good look on her, but it's her choice and none of my business how she dresses, but I remember just a couple of years ago her style of dressing was the complete opposite......

Honored Contributor
I'm 5'6.5" tall and I have a hard time wearing most of the tunic tops that I see these days. I don't want a top that comes nearly to my knees, that's just too much. As for layering, can't even imagine doing that in summer heat.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I think leggings are okay but they are in overkill now.  Day in and day out the look gets old.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I see the exact opposite.  I specifically look for tunics and have to weed through the shorter tops.  I don't wear them with leggings.  I don't think I even own leggings, but that's a different topic.  I look for a 31-32 inseam.  I am 5'6", but have a long torso.  

Honored Contributor

Since I live in Florida I do not see a lot of leggings but I do see most women here prefer tunic length tops because most post menopausal woman have gained weight around the tummy and hips not to mention those, like me, who are on meds that cause weight gain around the middle section. I wear tunics most of the time , unless I'm dressed up.

Contributor

I love the tunics! At 5'9" and long-waisted, what is a tunic on most ladies is a regular top for me.

What I really appreciate is that QVC online has a feature that alows me to see what the length of their clothing is, both in tops and inseams.  In fact, that is the main reason I shop QVC for clothing.

Respected Contributor

Re: STOP with the Tunics

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Very few saw, or at least responded, to my post about tunics being passe.  I had gone through all the high-end and middle-end to lower end fashion sites determining what I saw coming and going, in and out.  Tunics appear to be going.  Not coming.  Going, going, and maybe by end of summer - totally gone.  Layering looks passe as well.

I disagree. I think tunic tops will be around for quite a long time. I don't think they look passé at all. As long as skinny bottoms are popular, there will be longer tops. Layering has been popular for decades. 

Respected Contributor

I agree, I'm only 5ft, but carry a LOT of weight in  my tummy & hips. I like the longer tops, but better than the shorter, which seems to accentuate my problem areas. Maybe not down to my knees tunics, but I certainly appreciate the longer lengths. 

Honored Contributor

I love tunics.

At 5'4" and 104 lbs on a good day (not my choosing), I have a really hard time finding jeans/pants that will fit my nonexistent butt and skinny bird legs, so I'm relegated to leggings.

I appreciate the longer tops that will cover my 'nether' regions. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom I agree.  I need the tunics to be even longer because I'm tall.