Honored Contributor

I am not the shape for leggings and my choices for tops is too large because I shop other places.

Honored Contributor

Re: STOP with the Tunics

[ Edited ]

I wear a lot tunics and have never in my life worn leggings.

I have a long torso ... "regular tops to the hips" don't reach my hips and are a no-go.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm thrilled that longer tops are in style.  Years and years ago, it was very nerve-wracking to have to always check our behinds to make sure that they didn't look too wide, too big, too whatever.  It was such a pain in the b*tt to always have to be so mindful of our backsides.  Jmo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I am 5'3" and do not wear tunics.  Since most of QVC's tunics aren't A-line, they fit me like a sausage cassing.  Also, they aren't flattering for a petite--IMO.

Respected Contributor

I prefer the tunics as regular ones are to short. If you need them shorter you can hem them but you cannot add length.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there's a place in every woman's wardrobe for a variety of length tops.  A tunic doesn't have to be a shapeless long piece of fabric. Many tunics have defined waistlines and are cut well through the shoulders and bust, and can enhance and show off a figure as well as a tight fitting shorter top.  I've seen petite women wearing tunics (purchased in true petite cuts) who look fabulous in those tops. 

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Very few saw, or at least responded, to my post about tunics being passe.  I had gone through all the high-end and middle-end to lower end fashion sites determining what I saw coming and going, in and out.  Tunics appear to be going.  Not coming.  Going, going, and maybe by end of summer - totally gone.  Layering looks passe as well.

Lets hope......

Esteemed Contributor

Tunics do not look good on me-5ft. I also wont wear uneven tops or cold shoulders. Also get something reasonably priced.

Super Contributor

wrote:

@Katcat1...so agree...they don't look that great on me.  I am only 5'5 and some of those tops make me look frumpy.  The TSV today was a big disappointment...tired of hoods as well.

Along with tunics and hoods, add cold shoulder tops to the list. There's NOTHING flattering about them, especially the one SG was selling recently. That was the WORST I've seen.

Honored Contributor

What I'm not crazy about is the large sharkbite on each side along with a shorter back.  I prefer low front and lower back without side sharkbites. Although: Maybe if the back hems were a bit lower, the side sharkbites would appeal to me a bit more. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).