Super Contributor

D&C 100% polyurethane skirts. A chemical plastic imported skirt for 65.00!

When the weather gets -10 below I wonder if it will crack?Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

It's no worse than polyester and acrylic clothing. It's all plastic clothing made from petroleum.

As long as consumers keep buying this junk and paying high prices for it, it will continue to be made.

This garbage is ruining our planet.  It's dangerous stuff.

Honored Contributor

I watched the video for this item because I was curious. I'm no expert on leather, but I thought it looked very fake and plastic. The length and shape weren't flattering. The way it was styled wasn't appealing to me either. I own 2 faux leather jackets that I think look better than the material they used on this skirt. JMO

I used to have a genuine suede knee length skirt, but it didn't fit anymore so it's no longer a part of wardrobe. Would buy another one like it if I could find one. 

Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

D&C 100% polyurethane skirts. A chemical plastic imported skirt for 65.00!

When the weather gets -10 below I wonder if it will crack?Woman Frustrated

@Auntie CC.  If the weather gets -10 below, I won't be outside tripping through the snow drifts in a skirt, pleather or otherwise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wilma, I agree.  Looks very fake to me.  I also have some real leather and faux leather pieces, and my faux leather pieces look much more real than that.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Auntie CC.  If the weather gets -10 below, I won't be outside tripping through the snow drifts in a skirt, pleather or otherwise.

Good point @Kachina624 .  Who would wear a skirt in 10 below?

Trusted Contributor

I still own a genuine suede jacket with buttons that must be 20 years old and have several leather jackets. They still fit but I just grew tired of wearing them. After pricing what a new suede or leather one is I decided to keep them. Never owned a genuine leather skirt but have several faux suede ones I wore to church in winter. 

I agree that the skirt at QVC looks too shiny and fake; no way would I buy it.

Ice Goddess turned me on to the Wynn faux suede pants at HSN and I bought the 4 colors they had as that brand really fit me well.  They are so warm when the temps dip in winter.

Respected Contributor

@Auntie CC  If you saw the new pantyhose they've been selling lately that doesn't run, rip etc...i wondered how is this possible? Whelp, it's made of nylon and plastic basically. So plastic pantyhose, Yeah, no thank you to any sort of pantyhose but especially plastic ones, lol.