Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 26)

Hi Everyone!!

It sounds like we're all having similar weather. UGH!! The heat wave is upon us and zero rain in the week's forecast. 

I've been reading everyone's post since the weekend. I'm having some health issues because of the heat so I'm taking it turtle speed. (that drives me crazy)

I thought I would take a chance on the "new" version of pot stickers. They arrived yesterday and the dry ice was still a frozen brick. I was so relieved. The new package is improved in size and packaging so it should keep better in the freezer. YIPPEE!

The hubby planted grass in front of the one back hedge. Once the grass starts to appear then he'll do the other side. We wanted to let one side open for the deer at night .Crossing my fingers that it grows. 

The bunnies have eaten their way thru half of the front garden. We have two that sleep on the front porch rug. If only I could get them traaned to weed for me. Still they don't seem to bother the gerainiums so that's a plus.  

Watched more QVC than usual. I was tempted the D&Co hooded jacket. I love these things for errands. I resisted. Lots of jewelry and CIJ but I have stuck to no additional purchases. I did declutter the storage tubs of baskets for arrangements, etc. and reduced it to one. I'm starting to see progress so I'm pleased. The birds are still going strong with picking the items off the front door wreath and taking bits of the grapevine back for nests. We have one or two new bird families in the front trellis. They must feel safe there. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JULY 26)

Fressa, I am like you, I have been reading the posts from last Sunday.  We had a severe thunderstorm this morning, lots of wind and 1 1/2" of rain which we needed.  I don't like anything warmer than 65° with sunshine.  I would love to be able to go to Alaska every year during July and August.  We have been to AK twice and really enjoyed it.   It's in the low 90's today and supposed to be hotter tomorrow.  Then better by the weekend, I hope.

I have a lot of stabbing pain when it's this hot, so other than going to our gym, I don't go outside after lunchtime.

One good thing about the storm is it washed our picture window and all I had to do was squeegee it off.   Now I am in the mood to get the rest of the windows washed.  Except for the kitchen sink window which cranks out, the rest drop down inside the house. 

We had a good time at the Concert in the Park on Sunday night and the pig roast was very good.   There were over 500 people in this small town park.  They are the best band & I took accordion lessons with the band leader many years ago.  

We  had our dreaded dental appts yesterday.  We both got our teeth cleaned, I had two x-rays & Dentist follow-up for $358.00.   It could have been much worse.  I have to get a small silver filling where my partial fits so it's a good thing that we went.

We went to the gym after lunch and then my dh went to see his Mom.  She is realizing that she can't go back to her apt as she fell again yesterday.  My dh said that she is really banged up this time.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day and paying the 2nd installment of our property taxes.  

Our dgd did graduate from Boot Camp last Friday & was in Pensacola on Saturday morning.  She has 6 months (not 6 weeks) of advanced schooling and then she will be assigned to her first command.

We couldn't stream her ceremony, but we did see the rigors of Boot Camp.  Some of it brought tears to my eyes.  She was one of seven award recipients out of 465 graduates  for superlative achievement in her recruit training session and got a beautiful wooden plaque.   (Two young ladies and five young men). She is now a Sailor and 

E-2.  We didn't recognize her in the picture as she went into boot camp with longer curly hair and  it was pulled back, NAVY blue uniform with a white cap.  She still has a beautiful smile & looked very happy.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

@Fressa   Yesterday I ended up prepping the basement just in case.  The storm that blew through my area wasn't as bad as I expected so I rode it out on the second floor.  I brought some things upstairs and left the rest since we are expecting more storms on Friday (I think).  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry for your mother in law Glenda @twinny70   It's hard when you lose your independence bit by bit.

Esteemed Contributor

Bitfmsm--We have storms predicted to start tonight--high winds thru Saturday. UGH!!!

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70---

Sounds like you've been busy as always. Concerts in the park are such a treat!

I swear that the medical appointments are similar to the vet appointments. It seems that they all doubled the rates for services. It's almost a miracle when you think how are you going to "squeeze" that extra expense into the monthly bills with everything else on the rise. I'm so behind on all of mine. 

Sorry to hear about your dh's mom. It's a difficult time for all. It's exhausting with all the worry and decisions that need to be made. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Congrats to your dgd for such a fine job and honor that she acheived in gratuating from Boot Camp. What an accomplishment!

I've been pre-occupied with some scattered decluttering around here. Trying to work up the energy to start peeling wallpaper. It needs to be cooler before I start that project. The hubby found some type of paint hand mixer so that should come in handy. 

I have our property taxes to pay in the next few days. I hope to have my migraines under control before I start writing those checks.(our school tax and property tax is due at the same time)

Not sure I'll accomplish grocery shopping this week. I have my fingers crossed I'll run the Dyson but the dusting and scrubbing bathrooms will probably move to next week. I'm still a work in progress with that "pace yourself" goal. LOL

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon,

Glenda, it looks like Minneapolis is having the same weather as you and Bernie. It is hot and humid with thunder Boomers at night. Phoenix is broiling so I am grateful to be in the North.

Spoiler
c
congrats on. Your dgds ccoomplishment. 
Respected Contributor

my post got weird with that spoiler.

Glenda, congrats to your dgd on her accomplishments. My brother graduated from the.  Naval Academy and flew fighter jets.

Freesa..hope you are feeling. Better.My RA has been incapacitating because I cannot  get my infusions here. You are such a busy lady. 

my iPad is wonky today. 

Bernie. Fingers crossed that you fence drama is over. The tornado siren sits in my dds back yard and it is very loud.

my dh was the wallpaper remover...

I am starting to think about moving back to Mn. My kids want me closer to them. I am looking at some lovely senior apartments which have lots of activities and amenities.

i am in the early stages.

Linda, hope you are doing Wei.

enjoy...

barbara🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I don't know how I missed your post yesterday, Fressa.  Thanks for getting us started.  Sorry about your weather and health issues -- yours as well Glenda's and Barbara's.  

Those bunnies are something, Fressa.  The volunteer hospice coordinator has quite a few pets (they live off of a dirt road in the country), including two rescue desert tortoises.  She posted a funny picture on Facebook with one of her tortoises inside the fence and a bunny next to the front gate -- tortoise and the hare.  The bunny likes to eat the tortoises food, so she is trying to keep him/her away.

Good job in resisting "want" purchases.  I still have to work on that, but am doing better than in the past.

Sorry to hear about your MIL, Glenda.  Glad your dental work wasn't hugely expensive, and you are able to keep cool in the house.  You have every reason to be proud of your DGD.

Hope the storms are not too much of a problem for you, Bernie.

Very sorry you are not able to get your infusions in MN, Barbara.  Would that change if you move back there?  Despite the heat there, it has to be better than Phoenix.  It is cooler here than in Phoenix, but still very hot.  

Deciding whether or not to move back to MN is difficult, but I know you will make the choice that is right for you.  

The "newcomers" lunch today was very nice, and I got the "scoop" on the lady I met at the dinner last Friday.  Long story short, you cannot always trust what she says.

If the hospice supplies come this afternoon, I will deliver them.  But, I have decided to go to the gym now since they haven't arrived.  

This morning I spent some time with the tour company because I didn't have an assigned seat for my trip from Los Angeles to London.  They said I could wait until check-in at the airport or contact Delta since the flight is with Virgin Atlantic.  I went on-line with Delta and I have an assigned seat now.  Not happy that they neglected to say anything until i asked for the second time.

Waves to Fressa, Glenda, Bernie, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi Barbara @sydsgma1   Yes, the fence is done.  The fence company took 50 days to do a 3 day job.  They left an issue that I resolved myself because frankly I couldn't stand them on my property anymore.  Removed the ugly cheap gate latch they installed and replaced it with nice gate pulls and a locking latch.

Barbara I can totally understand your children's desire to have you near.  The experience with their beloved father drove home how fragile life is and how far AZ really is when the rubber meets the road.  You and V built a life in AZ and I just want you to be happy.  If relocating back to MN makes you happy then I want that for you. Heart