New Contributor

May I ask if there is someone else designing Susan graver clothes besides her?   They have become quite ugly, not at all like her usual care to detail.   It's like what happened to denim and co.   After they changed designers and the look went downhill, I moved to Susan graver clothing.. now where to go?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver fashion

[ Edited ]

I'm disappointed in Susan's clothes as well. She used to have the cutest tops. I used to buy multiples in several colors. I don't anymore.Overall, they are plain,unappealing & overpriced.

Honored Contributor

@Tanimara  I would try Macy's, HSN, Appleseeds, Lands End, etc., etc. etc.  Plenty of places that are similar to SG and more reasonably priced.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

In the past year or so - LOGO, Tolani and Attitudes have been my major sources for tops.  I did get one Laurie Felt that I just love!

In the more distant past, Dennis Basso and Bob Mackie were good sources.  Bob is gone - DB isn't doing much.

Other than QVC ... Blair, Lands End, Chico's, JCPenney have been my sources.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Susan Graver fashion

[ Edited ]

I have never been a fan of the Susan Graver clothing line. Reminds me of the clothes my aunts used to wear, so much polyester, so little style, and too many big gold buttons. Very reminiscent of the Alfred Dunner line that was the first choice of older women everywhere. I love clean, classic clothing that's always in style, but when you add those "extra embellishments", especially those cheap plastic jewels, along with the newer, cheaper fabrics, the clothes look frumpy & dumpy, and don't drape properly. Not to mention the inconsistent sizing and the outrageous prices......

And I'm not impressed by a designer who talks endlessly about how fabulous her styles and prints are, and I should buy several colors of each and every piece or I will regret that I missed out!

🤔 No, I won't

Valued Contributor

These days all her stuff looks the same

Honored Contributor

@Tanimara    Do you truly believe Susan herself designs anything these days?  There aren't enough hours in the day for her to design anything plus everything else she does.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

😂 Susan is constantly reminding us that she is BOTH an artist AND designer.

😏 And she knows how to fit clothing for EVERY woman's body.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Tanimara  I would try Macy's, HSN, Appleseeds, Lands End, etc., etc. etc.  Plenty of places that are similar to SG and more reasonably priced.  Good luck!

And once you find your size in the new brands, it is easy to order. You get as familiar with the new brand as you were with Q brands. These other brands have customer friendly returns and low shipping costs. It takes a little trial and error.

Contributor

Ten years ago SG had some really nice clothes, not everything, but each season there was one or two items that were real standouts and sold out immediately - I have a few of these pieces and still wear them today - classic clothes never go out of style.

Fast forward to today and I agree with the other posters - everything is ugly and looks the same. What is it with the "embellishments" that just make the item look cheap. She constantly states that her items are just like the famous designers - not quite. You are not finding these items are Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue.

I am currenty watching live - they actually want us to beleive that all this over priced clothing will sell out immediately - I'm sorry, everything looks the same and just looks "cheap". SG is constantly bragging that you can wear her current line to a board meeting or an important business dinner - I live on the east coast and if anyone walked into an important business meeting with one of the highlighted outfits, everyone will be talking and for all of the wrong reasons.

I am often complimented on my clothing and in generall, unless for something very special or a staple piece, I do not spent much for my clothes. With all the sales available, I buy my clothes from Talbots, J Crew, Chico, Brooks Brothers, Soft Surroundings, etc and spend much less that the SG "Sales price" and most are made from natural fabricc, not the wonderful liquid knit.