Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 21st)

Good Evening!  It is in the 90's and cloudy here.  Fingers crossed we may have some much-needed rain.  

Attendance at the senior lunch program was better than last week, and it went pretty well.  After that, I picked up the hospice mailings and found that the "office manager" (not sure that is her title) is leaving on Friday.  She lives north of here, and her mother who lives in that area needs some extra help.  So, she wants to get a job that is closer to her Mom just in case she is needed.  I am sorry to see her go, but....  Meanwhile, I found that "my" hospice patient who was supposed to be moved to another facility yesterday has not moved yet since they think he may be about to pass away. 

I had an amazing shopping experience yesterday when I decided to order the diapers, etc. for the food bank from Walmart (to be delivered to my house).  No charge for delivery since it was above the minimum.  Anyway, they were delivered early yesterday evening.  Wow.

My lab results were sent to me via email yesterday (another fast service), and I think all is well.  The doctor will no doubt explain them during my physical next week. 

Barbara said that their son visited last week, and their older daughter is coming today.  Syd is in Nashville for a high school veterinary competition.  Her husband is doing well mentally, but continues to decline physically.  The long term care insurance has told her that they will start paying retroactively.  Hopefully, they will come through.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 21st)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I hope that you get some much needed rain. Isn't the office manager the second employee to announce they are leaving?  Life comes at you fast and I can appreciate needing to be closer to her mom. God Bless your hospice patient.  I'm glad to read that the long term care insurance is going to come through for Barbara.

It was hot here today (Tuesday) and I did the grocery shopping early.  I went through U-scan and I discovered 90 minutes later that I paid for my ice cream, bagged it and forgot to put it in the cart.  It was nearing 1 pm my time and I wanted to watch some must see TV so I ran back to the store and found they put my ice cream in a small freezer near the checkouts.  I showed my receipt, grabbed the ice cream and headed home.

It was very hot and humid in my neck of the woods yesterday.  Summer roared into SE Michigan yesterday.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----Glad your seniors lunch went well. It's always good when you have enough people for the food that you pallned. 

It sounds like there are more changes at the hosptice office. Nice of that "office manager" to go back home to care for her mother. 

Fast delievery from Walmart. WOW!!

Good news for Barb with the retro pay from the insurance. What a relief of stress and worry for her.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----What a good thing that they found and froze your ice cream. I love ice cream!!!  I used that scan and go at our market and never again. It works fine as long as you have 10 or less items, nothing cold, frozen or produce. The real "gotcha" is that the store manager is now "part time" so you wait and wait if you have to push the "help" button. I'm still waiting for them to work the "kinks" from that system. It's been 2 years.LOL