Respected Contributor

In the past I had sizing problems with QVC fashion.  So I didn't buy as much.  But I started up again in early Spring buying clothes because I needed some and have a vacation planned.  I was, and still am, pleased with what I purchased.  I know that I usually size down in SG pants, size up with KG and would order usual size in Denim & Co.  But rencently I ordered a KG top (and I sized up) and it was huge.  I ordered 2 Denim & Co. tops and sized up because of reviews and it was small/tight (can't imagine what my normal size would of turned out like).  I ordered 2 SG crops and even though I sized down, they are longer than her other crops that I own, which I love.  I follow the size guide, plug my numbers in but so discouraged how off things are.  I don't like to return things and don't want to receive a letter from QVC that I'm returning too much.  But I keep most of what I buy, I'd say like 90%-95%.  Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Honored Contributor

Yes and I haven't purchased any clothing for awhile.  

May I suggest you measure the clothing you received and compare it to QVC's measurements.  If it's off too much, I'd mark it "Defective" write in "Size labeled wrong" in the space below.  

If you don't, your returns will be put back in inventory to sell to someone else.  Those customers will receive the wrong size too.  They will return them, QVC will again put them back in inventory to sell.  Not a good idea to mark "too small" or "two large" because QVC will blame you for not buying the right size when it's a manufacturer problem.  

Watch to make sure you are not charged for shipping and return shipping.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Sizing Problems

[ Edited ]

I think if you are keeping that much merchandise, your returns are low and you won't get "the letter".   I buy almost all my clothes from QVC and I buy a lot.  I return just a handful of things a year.  Like 5 items.  However, I am super careful about what I buy.  I know my measurements, I use the size charts every single time I buy clothing.  I know how Iike my clothes to fit and I know what looks good on me.  That means, there are things I see and love but I don't buy them.  I'd rather take a pass on something than risk having to pay to return it.  Also, in 30 plus years with QVC, I never took any clothing review seriously.  Reviews are totally subjective and I don't know those people so why would I believe them?  I actually do better shopping with shopping channels than I do with brick&mortar stores because I feel rushed in stores and choices are limited.  Also, I don't necessarily "size up" when hosts say that.  I either skip by that item or I buy according to the size chart.  There are so many clothing vendors now that I don't think "your QVC size" is a think anymore.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Sizing Problems

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy 

I would say to be sure to refer to the actual garment measurements of each and every item.  Measure a garment that fits you properly and then use those measurements to tell which size you would need.  QVC provides these while many on-line retailers do not.

I find clothing  sizes to be all over the place, at about every store I shop.  But the actual measurements will tell me the truth and let me know which size I will need.  I keep a tiny measuring tape in my bag and use it if I cannot try a garment on.  Came in handy during the virus close down when dressing rooms were closed.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

In the past I had sizing problems with QVC fashion.  So I didn't buy as much.  But I started up again in early Spring buying clothes because I needed some and have a vacation planned.  I was, and still am, pleased with what I purchased.  I know that I usually size down in SG pants, size up with KG and would order usual size in Denim & Co.  But rencently I ordered a KG top (and I sized up) and it was huge.  I ordered 2 Denim & Co. tops and sized up because of reviews and it was small/tight (can't imagine what my normal size would of turned out like).  I ordered 2 SG crops and even though I sized down, they are longer than her other crops that I own, which I love.  I follow the size guide, plug my numbers in but so discouraged how off things are.  I don't like to return things and don't want to receive a letter from QVC that I'm returning too much.  But I keep most of what I buy, I'd say like 90%-95%.  Anyone else having the same problem as me?

@ScrapHappy  Following the "size guide" is the problem. I buy a lot of Q fashions & NEVER use the size guide. It has already been mentioned, but I use the "To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here" located just under the description. Knowing your actual measurements is important when buying Q fashions. I know mine, use the "click here" for garment measurements & order accordingly. Rarely do I return anything due to size.

Honored Contributor

You can solve the sizing problem by placing close attention to the actual garment measurements, listed at the end of the item description where it says "click here".  Get the critical measurements from things you currently own and simply match them.

I order lots of clothing and almost never return things due to sizing.  I check every piece I buy because occasionally things will run large or small within a brand.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment