Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 21)

I never knew that installers registered equipment until I had my installation @chessielady   Of course, I'm old fashioned and registered all of the components with Carrier within 48 hours of installation.  When the company tried to register the serial numbers on my behald, Carrier advised them it was done already.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  Yes lesson learned ! If we have that done again I will be ready and on top of it. We have had installations done before and NEVER had that happen. Never too old to learn !

Esteemed Contributor

That is quite a range, Fressa -- $12,000-$33,000.  Hope it isn't at the higher end.

I remember the company that replaced my furnace and AC (closer to Bernie's price than the above) last year, they made a point of telling me that I would get the registration papers in the mail.  Like Bernie, I thought that I had taken care of that in the past.  Sorry you had that experience chessielady.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello friends!  

Thank you for the warm re-welcome. Heart  I have very fond memories of this thread and also started posting around 2007.  I felt like a bunch of y'all were like my sisters and sure have had some wonderful online friendships that have translated into face to face meetings.  

Work wear I find puzzling.  I have found that everyone has their own idea of what is appropriate, and I work with a bunch that like to wear flip flops and tennis shoes.  Another wears house shoes at her desk, and my distressed torn jeans showed up a couple times. I do prefer to wear my dresses after so many years of not wearing them I now have several that are very cute and appropriate (though a couple are sleeveless - a no-no at my last position.)  I do like to wear my sweats and leggings on the weekends so you might catch me on that walmart site.

Jean I'm sorry your medical appts are not complying with your wishes.  I'm sure it is frustrating to change your plans, especially in your area this time of year.  

Barbara, so sorry your Christmas got cancelled but I'm glad you all didn't get very ill and have the protection you need.  I know your Syd is a joy to be around!

Fressa we love our dogs too.  Today my neighbor called me, all 3 were out in their front yard.  That has NEVER happened.  We had trees cut in the back yesterday and figure they must have left the gate open, but the dogs didn't discover it until today.  I called Beloved - they had just left the house -and he and DD turned right around and they had already been corralled by then.  Thank goodness for neighbors!  I guess we never stop fretting about the kids and their troubles.  Mine are in good places right now but I know I worry about them needlessly here and there.

Linda I am praying for your Bev and hope all goes well. Prices have sure gone up on everything here too, especially meat.  We are having steak for supper Christmas day - I am done with ham that comes out dry and doesn't get eaten and I never could cook turkey and my Groom does not like it.  Last year we cooked sausages and they were a big hit!  

My USMC brother got his promotion CW05 now!! and is coming home for Christmas.  He took a spill on his bike Thanksgiving and kidney was bleeding.  He spent a couple days in the hospital so I'm so very glad we will get to see them.  I am inviting the whole family for Christmas brunch then Dinner will just be us and our girls. 

Bernie how many birds now?  

Well we have a big water leak so he is on me to get my shower so he can turn it off.  We aren't sure when the plumber can come, might be Monday, and I guess he didn't like getting up at 4:45 to turn it on for my shower this morning.  lol  

I'm missing Chessielady and haven't read the whole thread but wanted to pop in and say hello.

Honored Contributor

@Rock_chick   Kathleen, there are three in my flock.  I think the last time we chatted regularly I had 3 birds:  Poppi, Grayson and Presto.  

Poppi my senior sparrow passed away in 2018 a few weeks before his 13th birthday. 

Grayson the pigeon is still the man and he turned 12 in July of this year. 

Presto the sparrow is a mama's girl and she turned 8 in June of this year.

Finley the pigeon joined the flock in 2019.  She was banded and 3 years old at the time.  She's now 5.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise