Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 17)

Good morning, shopping friends. School is closed because of the flooding. Did I sleep in? No, I awakened at 4:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep so a little after 5am, I decided to get up.

Right now, I am watching the Denim & Co. show but was doing some sorting. I love the TSV which is a super value. Since my AD of the last one just ended, I ordered despite not needing it right now. The expiration date on the one I am using right now is September 2021 so it has a good shelf life.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 17)

[ Edited ]

Good morning! Sorry to hear the weather is not being kind. I woke up early morning this too, and took advantage of the extra time by wrapping a few presents. I have purchased coats, scarves, and boots as Christmas gifts for my family, but have only purchased a pair of Soft & Cozy pajamas from HSN and several beautiful red sweaters from TJMaxx (never knew they had such great prices) for myself this month, as far as fashion goes. Now, as far as my other shopping...well...😲

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello Ladies.......crummy day here too...we had ice so the schools are closed...it is starting to change to rain now.  THe past few days we have had a lot of rain too.  I have not looked at the s/v today yet Jean, I know I had an email but just passed it by.

Sounds like you had gotten a lot done this morning Sandy Sparkles....good for you.  I am still in the shopping mode for Christmas......our tree was bought a week ago....put up in the stand and there it sits today....still haven't put the lights on it......next year definitely and artificial pre lit one.....I think they usually have a CIJ event,which I usually don't care about....but not this coming year....it's a tree for me!

Nothing else is new here, I should go and wrap the few presents I have received while waiting for the others.  I use those bags they sell here...almost like those milar balloons that has a drawstring .....so easy.

Have a. Nice day everyone.....stay safe if you have ice in your area and venture out.

Marijane

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello shopping friends, this must have been the morning for early rising.  I was up and making coffee at 5 am Woman Surprised  

I just finished my Christmas shopping which involved withdrawing $ for the great nieces and picking up the 2 gift cards for my sister.

That battery organizer I ordered last week arrived today.  I loaded up the top side (side with tester in it).  Some folks are saying that the bottom side that houses AA sizes batteries (exclusively) is a problem.  I'm going to check that and report back.

While I was in that drawer I found an apron Woman Very Happy  I tossed it in the washer.  It's not holiday themed but I think I'll wear it on Christmas Day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I checked - AA fit in my organizer.  They have to be snapped in.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Glad the battery organizer will work for you and will be useful. Good job on getting the Christmas shopping done.

Marijane--A pre-lit tree sounds like a good option for next year's  CIJ. Frustration of leadss to seeking a better option.

Sandy--You really made good use of your early wake up time. It is a sense of accomplishment to see those presents wrapped.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you were not able to sleep later given that the schools were closed.  I didn't sleep well, but managed to stay in bed until after 5:30.  But, I was very tired (quite unusual in the morning) and took a 10 minute nap after breakfast.  I am tired again now, so I may take another short nap.  Yikes!   Not sure if it is just the lack of sleep last night or a side effect of the Shingles vaccine yesterday. My arm was quite sore, but I ddin't think I had any other effects.

Hope you enjoy the TSV.  I remember you like this product.

Hi, Sandy Sparkles.  You accomplished a lot this morning.  Good for you!

I haven't had a "real" tree for years, Marijane.  At first, it was due to all the mess when I took the tree down and the fact that the trunk was never that level.  The pre-lit trees can be very pretty, and you can re-use them for years.  I wouldn't trust a live tree out here in Arizona due to our weather.

It is chilly here today, however.  When I work up this morning, it was 31 degrees.  While it made it to the 50's, it is very windy.  Not a fan of cold wind.  Yes, I know that I am a weather wimp,

Glad the battery organizer will work for you, Bernie.  Good that you were able to pick up cash, etc. for your remaining gifts.

The senior lunch program was a bit stressful today.  The lady who delivers the hot food was late, and we needed to microwave everything to get it up to the correct temperatures.  The "natives were restless" as they say -- not happy to have to wait for lunch.  

The good news is that my work buddy and her husband finally have a buyer for their "old" house.  They didn't get as much money as they wanted, but I know they are happy to have things settled.  The closing will be at the end of January.

I did okay at the gym -- didn't got quite as quickly as usual, but not slow. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda