Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.20)

Hi Everyone!

We have thunderstorms (again) and forecasted to last all day and night. Temps are in the high 80's and humidity is high. UGH!!! On the upside, the peppers are starting to grow so crossing my fingers we get a crop. 

I am a "sucker" for the D&C tops in a set. I have refrained for today. I do get quite a bit of use from the previous two sets (one winter and one fall) that I have. I hope those who order are pleased with their selection. I saw some sweaters that tempted me as well. I always did prefer a light weight sweater over a tee even though I run warm most of the time. I'm trying to shop my closet. I just started with this goal this week. One day at a time and hopefully I will make it into a habit. Fingers crossed.

I paid bills this afternoon but don't have the enrgey to finish the grocery shopping. Crossing my fingers that I can accomplish that tomorrow without any rain. 

I did find a new dog food company that looks interesting. Has anyone used "NOM NOM"? I like to give our two a variety but have to be carefull because they've had some tummy issues. They eat canned and dry and some people food. 

The hubby's poison "something" is finally healing.(except for his neck) Crossing my fingers it's gone by the weekend. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.30)

Hello all, I was right to not go shopping yesterday because I lost power shortly after 6:30 pm.  I ended up tossing food this morning because I have an older fridge, it was hot inside of the house because no power/no A/C.  Thank goodness I didn't have to pitch much.  The power was restored at 1 pm today; I count myself fortunate because some folks won't be restored until Thursday evening Woman Surprised

I've never heard of Nom Nom @Fressa   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.20)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Your weather doesn't sound nice but ours isn't nice either -- high of 101 degrees predicted.  Not as humid, thank goodness.

I hope the Denim & Co. shirts work well for you.  I didn't order for several reasons -- it should be enough that I have plenty of tops, but I also didn't see a set with three colors/styles that I would like.  I thought they were reasonably priced (for the Q), and would be a good purchase for many.  I like D&Co. tops, and they last for a long time.

Glad you didn't lose power for longer, Bernie.  Also glad you didn't have to toss out too much food.  Happy you didn't go to the store yesterday.

I am back from the senior lunch program which was poorly attended.  The salad bar starts again next Tuesday, and I am hoping more people attend.

The mail just arrived, and I received my SG blazer.  Thank goodness it fits fine.  I have to say the packaging has certainly gone downhill -- just shoved into a plastic bag in a regular plastic bag with no receipt.  I remember receiving more expensive items (like blazers) in boxes with tissue paper, etc.  Oh well. 

Bev's surgery has been postponed until tomorrow.  I felt sorry for her since she could not eat or drink yesterday, and they waited until noon to let her know that the hospital was running behind so no surgery.

DGD's tonsil surgery has been scheduled for early October, and her co-pay is $2,000.  I'll be helping her out since she doesn't have that much money laying around.  At least she knows this in advance. and I can help.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, we had a ts on Saturday and got 1 1/2" of rain.  Now we are going to have 10 days of 70's-low 80's.   I am glad that you are getting a good crop of peppers.   I  have been  getting some nice tomatoes, but they are sparse because of the rain and winds we had a few weeks ago.  I also didn't like the color choices.  I am glad that your dh's poison problem is getting better. 

Bird Mama, you were fortunate not to have to throw out a lot more food.  No  A/C is bad enough.

Linda L,  that's a large co pay for your dgd to get her tonsils removed.  My dh had a dental appt. this morning and the crown prep was done.  $1,300 as we don't have dental insurance.  He goes back in two weeks for a filling in a different tooth & the crown put on.  That's too bad about Bev's postponed surgery.  I am loving the new $299 Bose.  I got an email from qvc a few days ago saying they have the Bose on sale for $329.  

After getting in 1 1/2  hours late because my Dr. was on call, my neurology appt. went good yesterday.  I asked him if he wanted to know why I had been going to PT for the last 6 Tuesday's & he said "yes."  Then I said that our ds has a Doctorate in Chiropractic and PT & he said it was my shoulder and not my spine like my rheumatologist thought it was.   He then said "your son is very smart and I agree 100% with him."  He said the x-ray showed wrinkles on the inside like we get on the outside. Lol.  He said I should tell them this at PT tomorrow & I should be able to do some strengthening exercises at home in a few weeks & discontinue PT.   Yippee!  We are planning to go on vacation in September.

My dh was able to fill the gas tank for $3.34 a gal.  It's $3.69 in town.  We had lunch out, but we were too tired to go shopping.

I did my walk this morning and it was a beautiful 64°.  I am so ready for Fall.  We have my  dh's cousin and her husband from PA coming on Saturday afternoon for a visit, so I am adding a few Fall things here and there.  

Tomorrow  morning after I have my PT session, I am getting my haircut. I was lucky that she had a cancellation.   Then I am going to take my dh out for lunch.  We are celebrating his "retirement 20 years ago".  What a journey God chose for us.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte 

I think the Denim & Co. TSV is nice and like you I like maybe 2 of the 3 colors fit me and the other is just not working.  I'm sorry that the senior lunch was poorly attended.  Yea, the packing has gone downhill at the Q.  So glad the blazer is a winner.  I'm praying for Bev, bless her heart.  Gee whiz, that's quite a copay for tonsil removal.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.30)

Birdmama---Sorry you lost some food with your power outage. No a/c is just awful. Good thinking that you waited on your grocery shopping. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Your weather sounds unpleasant . I just don't do well in humidity a dn heat. No wonder I didn't last long in GA. LOL 

Gald your SG blazer finally arrived. I agaree that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. I swear some of the clothing items are folded like someone is trying to practice oragami. The part that really gets me is that most of the time I don't even have an invoice inside. I find that disburbiing but at least the package arrived. It's a mess.

$2,000 co-pay is crazy. Your DGD is lucky you can help her with that expense. I know I'm always in "sticker shock" but it sure seems like these prices are grossly inflated. 

I will keep Bev in my prayers.   

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70----Your weather sounds great.  All this rain has not been helpful for the tomatoes. I read that tomatoes like even watering (whatever that is). We finallly have one planter that the tomatoes are starting to turn. It must be in an odd spot for the sun or something. The peppers are doing better this year than last. I think it's because of the new planters.  This new batch looks promising. Hopefully, It will save me a few $$ in the grocery bill. 

What great news from your doctor about your PT and additional infor you shared with him. It makes such a difference when you have a doctor that is williling to listen and share information with other sources. Good for you and happy recovery. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear about your doctor's visit. Glenda.

This will be a short post because my internet is down and I am using my phone. Even writing about the issue would raise my blood pressure. Hope the tech will fix it tomorrow. On the positive side, the solar screen door is installed and done quickly and well. Very nice family business.

I found out that DGD's surgery is costing so much because she has not paid the deductible for this year. Not just co-pay. Waves to all of our posters and readers. Hugs, Linda