Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 5)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a warmer day but one more typical of this month. The positive is that there are no snow flurries or snow or ice of any type in the forecast for today.

I have no urge to purchase the TSV. I did break over and purchased the Clarks TSV but had second thoughts overnight. The price now is around $7 higher which is a savings but not if the shoes have to be returned. Although I liked them, I decided to wait and read the reviews.  One order cancelled.

I ended up taking Nyquil last evening and slept almost ten hours. I needed that as I have been very tired and not sleeping well. Midnight did get me up about the usual alarm time but I fed him and crawled back into bed for another couple of hours.

I like Susan Graver but her tops are getting priced out of my comfort range for a retired person on a fixed income supplemented by part time work. A polka dot shirt for $52.50 plus tax and $3 shipping?

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 5)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you were able to rest last night.  I decided against purchasing yesterday's TSV -- like you, I would like to see some reviews before the purchase.  I'm thinking about today's TSV, however.  I have a lightweight rain jacket that is more than 12 years old, and I find it useful.  I like the idea that this one is so easy to take when you travel.  It does seem to a be a bit expensive for such a lightweight jacket, but the one I have cost about $100.00 all those years ago.  (I know this because my ex purchased it for me, and I exchanged it for a larger size.)  Decisions, decisions.  I do agree with you that Susan's clothes as well as those from Denim & Co., etc. are getting quite expensive for a person like me on a fixed income.  Between the cost and my desire to de-clutter my closets, I am purchasing a whole lot less clothing from Q lately.

It is a beautiful day here, and I walked outdoors this morning.  Still loving our weather.

Unlike some of you, I really enjoy football.  But, I am not a fan of either team playing in the Super Bowl.  I'll probably watch part of the game -- maybe more for the commercials than the game, but.....

I'll be headed for the gym soon, and then I'll visit DH.  He was doing okay yesterday evening, and fingers crossed he will be okay today.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today.  Glad you are feeling better, a cold is a terrible thing to have.  Sorry you did not get the shoes, but what you save in return costs is worth it if it gets bad reviews.   It seems you really don't save all that much between the TSV price and the featured price so it is worth waiting sometimes.

Linda-  Glad you got your walk in today, glad to hear DH is doing better.  I am not a big football fan, I always want the Steelers to win.  But even so, I really don't sit and just watch the game.  I usually play on the computer or go thru magazines while the game is on.  I know, I am such the Super Fan.

Not much going on here today, we are up to 41 degrees today.  I know somewhere along this winter we will really pay for our nice weather we have been having.    Guess I need to do one constructive thing here today.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--There are some items that may appear expensive but are cost effective based upon number of wearings and need. The TSV may just fit into that category for you as one doesn't need many of them and one or two would work well over a period of time.

Susan--I'm just not into sports that much, so I get bored easily. This, for me, is a good day for Netflix, Hulu, etc.  Like you, I keep waiting for Mother Nature to make up for the great weather by bringing us a lulu of a storm.

I just got around to a luxurious and relaxing bath as well as WEN'ing my hair. Speaking of WEN, I was wearing the WEN 613 EDP when I had my doctor's appointment Friday evening. I personally don't smell it that much but my ability to smell has been ruined by years of sinusitis, etc. The nurse commented on how good I smelled and wanted to know what I was wearing....and this was 8 hours after I had sprayed it on. Now, I'm wondering if I over sprayed when first putting it on if it lasted 8 hours.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat   I ordered a pricey oryany bag last night.  I never did order the Clarks TSV.  I like many of the patterns that SG offers in her tops however I choke on her prices lately.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi @LindaLatte    the superbowl is taking on a 'whole 'nuther' significance in my county this year.  For the second time in 12 years there has been a massive sewer interceptor failure - same area, someobody's got some 'splaining to do - in my county.  The county drain commissioner has been on the news the last few days begging people to not flush all at one time during the half time show.  Lord, rofl.

Honored Contributor

Hey Susan @PAlady, we're having a heat wave here - 34 degrees, he he  he.  My constructive thing was getting two Sunday newspapers - need it for the birds :-)

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for greetings friends its sunday images

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  Hey Meallen, how are you doing today?

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I checked my history, and have not purchased from QVC in almost a year.  The last thinng I got was the Body Gym, and I am still using that most days.   When I did purchase, previously,  it wasusually either clothing or beauty products.  I have just come to the point to where I can buy a quality item on sale (many with additional coupons) and many times get a top, blouse, or sweatshirt for 6 or 7 dollars.   I still like watching QVC.  I tend to watch the cooking, beauty and clothing shoes...mainly to get ideas on products, styles etc...not usually to purchase. 

We are going to a Superbowl get together in the neighborhood.  A small group of 6 or so people.   I usually have my big meal at noon, so holding off on eating to much in anticipation of the party food that will be served.

I hope everyone is doing well.   Gayle