Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 12)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone! It is a beautiful sunny day with just right temperatures. This is the perfect year-round weather, if only it could be! Dream on!

I guess this is Beauty Day. Before indulging, do an inventory to see if you need the latest and greatest potion or gadget.  Make a resolve not to buy a new potion/lotion, etc. until you see the current supply is being depleted. If something in the current supply is not working, then why keep it around to take up room?

I was just thinking of the vendor who used to come on air complete with curlers in air and no make up in order to show the transformation of her products made. I think she went to HSN but don't know if she is still there. I really enjoyed her presentations. Now, most of them look made up and perfect before it appears that a brush of make up is applied to them on air. Yes, there can be before and after photos but that is not like seeing a complete transformation done line on air.

I did watch the Kipling show but didn't see anything that interested me other than the small crossbody. I already have a big bag that organizes well similar to the one that was the TSV when Kipling was first shown. I agree with Linda that any bag that has a satchel handle as well as a shoulder/crossbody strap is a nuisance as I always wear mine on the shoulder or crossbody to keep hands free.

On the personal front, this makes 14 straight days in which I have met or exceeded my exercise goal. In response, the weight that quit coming off has now decided to disappear. I have lost 3 pounds the last week but don't expect that rate to continue. The so-called minimum of 1200 calories was not far below the number required for me to maintain at my height, weight and age, so exercise apparently was the missing item despite how much  I dislike it. In addition, the cardiologist suggested 300 active minutes a week.

Kathleen is off to visit DD in San Diego, and Arlene is recovering with a friend bringing in her a welcomed pizza as a break for the food she has been getting. Our thoughts and prayers are with all who are traveling as well as those who are ill, recovering from an injury, or facing any personal challenge.

Have a good day  If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, AUG 12)

Let me get this in before it hit noon here :-)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat.  Thanks for starting the thread.  A day dedicated to beauty is lost on me, lol.  I do what I can with Loreal or Neutrogena at local stores.

I have 3 LG tvs - none of which cost me full price.

My little 26 in TV in the office, where I have my desktop has been acting weird.  I don't have cable, just whatever I can pick up from an antenna.  The sound has been cutting out, out of the blue.  Yesterday, I went through every single setting available - just don't get it.  LG online was of no help.

I parked the channel on HSN this morning.  It's funny, the slinky rep and Diane Gilman make my ears want to bleed after awhile and at no time did the tv mute itself. rofl.

I trimmed back the leafy shrubs in the front yard and cut the grass.  I'm trying to outrun the rain - skies are cloudy and there is a 20% chance of precipitation.

Better get those walnuts up and get the back yard started.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I am not in the market for any new beauty items, so I think my CC are safe, at least as far as the Q goes.  I didn't find anything that I really wanted or needed yesterday, which is a good thing.  I decided on my walk that I'll go through my pants next -- I have plenty, and some may be ready for donation.  By the time I came home, I decided on a pair of capris that could easily go.  So, at least one down today.  

Glad your weather is nice, and you have stuck with your exercising for two weeks -- good job.  Nice that you lost some weight in addition to helping your heart.  Interesting recommendation from your cardiologist.  Years ago, I thought 30 minutes a day of walking were plenty, but after reading more about health and exercise, I pushed it up to 45 and then 50. I almost always exceed that goal, which makes me feel good.

Hi Bernie -- I don't watch HSN often, and usually I keep the sound off.  So, I don't know if I would recognize those voices that bother you.  Hope your TV starts behaving again.  Glad you are able to take care of your yard.

Also glad Arlene is getting some food she likes, and I hope she recovers quickly.  Hope Kathleen has a great time.

The outing yesterday was great.  We went to a horse ranch which is listed as one of the top such facilities in the U.S.  I'm not a horse lover, but my work buddy was thrilled that they provided "horse cookies" and allowed you to feed the horses.  The (human) food was good, and we met some ladies from London who were staying at the hotel.  I picked up a flier, and the prices are steep, but they provide three meals a day, multiple opportunities for rides, a pool, star gazing, etc. Really a nice experience for those who love to ride, etc. and have the money.

A funny thing that happened was a lady at another table was talking loudly about Alegria sandals, and I happened to be wearing mine.  It turns out that she is a QVC watcher, but purchased the sandals from a "close-out" site on the web.  I had purchased mine from Amazon, and I think they were about the same price as at least one of the ones she purchased.  When I say one, that is because she said she replaced 14 pairs of sandals with Alegria since she loves them so much.  Granted, many of us wear sandals much of the year due to the climate, but 14 was a bit of a surprise.

DH was doing quite well yesterday afternoon/evening, and I will be visiting him this morning so that I can feed him lunch.  It is hot here, and it was a bit uncomfortable on my walk.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all - no beauty purchases for me either, so my CCs are also safe.  Argan oil is the only beauty product I buy here, and I still have plenty.  Jean - good advice as always.  Congrats on the exercise.  Even if the scale doesn't budget, your heart says thank-you.  Thanks for letting me know that Kathleen is heading to S.D.  Hope she has fun.  Bernie - hope that your t.v. isn't going on the fritz.  I so agree with you about voices.  Most of the hosts on QVC have pleasant voices, but there are 2 vendors that I absolutely cannot listen to.  Their voices are grating.  Anytime I see them on the air I cringe and change the channel.  Did you outrun the rain?  Linda - 50 minutes of exercise a day is pretty impressive!!!  Was your outing to a dude ranch?  I love horses, but alas, was never talented at riding.  I enjoy being around them though.  Glad to hear that your DH had a good day yesterday.

Not much going on around here, though I will be watering our trees in the field off-and-on for the next couple of days.  I water them once a month during the summer and they're about due.  Need to make more progress on the paper pile too.

Hope you all have a blessed weekend  ~  Charlene

Edited to add: Does your scale "budget" Jean?  I wish mine did, lol.  I meant to say "budge".  

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte, now that my yard work is done, I am going into the closet and making some decisions about shoes.  Glad you had a good time at your outing yesterday and I'm happy to read that DH was doing well.

Honored Contributor

@cerb  I was moving fast as the clouds were dark and it looked like I was going to get rained on at any time.  Yard is done, sun is out, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, no TSV here either.  We have had beautiful weather & just a little drizzle yesterday morning while I was getting groceries.  I used to see the vendor in curlers.  I don't know if she is still on.  It sounds like you are getting good results from exercising.  Did Arlene fall?  If she did it must have been when we were in ND.

Birdmama, Glad that your outside jobs are done before getting rain.  We could use rain, but it looks like there won't be any before Monday night.  It looked dark before the concert but it went around us.  DH won his game last night after losing 2 weeks in a row.  We spotted the first squirrels nest yesterday in our neighbors walnut tree while we were in the hot tub.  We don't usually see any before October or November

Linda L,  what a fun outing you had yesterday.  I am not a rider, but the ranch sounded wonderful.  Glad that your DH is doing better.

CERB, I am glad that you are feeling a little bit better.  We have 2 red maple's, but they don't get watered by us.  DH does a few flowers & my tomato plants. That was great news about your dd getting some work from the accountant.  Every little bit helps especially with the no show's.  

We haven't had A/C on for 10 days.  The windows have been wide open at night.  That will be changing because they are saying mid 80's by next weekend.  We are going to one of my DH's brother's for a pool party next Saturday.  He invites all of us every summer.

I got some home grown sweet corn & green beans at the farmer's market this morning & got my walk in.  Since I have my 6 months checkup on Wednesday for my liver function, I am trying to eat good again, after having fun at Qwik trip this week.

I am taking it easy this afternoon.  The hot tub was nice.  Maybe a good book & a nap.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it was a dude ranch, Charlene,  My oldest nephew is great with horses, and does horse rescue in Oklahoma

Good for your DH, twinny.  Enjoy your fresh vegetables

Trusted Contributor

Dear friends - I had just posted a comment, and thought I better reword it, just in case.

You might remember that my DS is a student at the U of V.  He was in downtown Charlottesville today.  My southern California son couldn't believe what he was seeing.  He got back to his apartment safely and was able to wash off the small amount of tear gas.  Keep him and the city in your thoughts and prayers please.  

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. We are back from Myrtle Beach...Sydnie provided us with a lot of fun...and she kept me very busy...The weather was hot, humid and lots of rain. We managed to get fun stuff done in between the drops. I am recovering..lol

no beauty products for me..I only use an excellent regimen that has completely changed my skin. I love it so much that I am now a consultant. Can't stay too much more here. 

We we are having lovely weather here..but I detect a hint of fall

i bought nothing on the trip except for syd and used no credit cards. Yippee.

my youngest dd and her 3 girls are coming in for a few days.

Cerb..prayers that you do stays safe. Our country is nutso.

Jean..congrats..you are doing a lot of exercise..make sure you do not aggravate anything. 

(((Hugs))toall.