Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 6

Greetings from Myrtle BeAch...it is very hot and the humidity is about 75 percent. Syd and I tried miniature golf but the heat of to both of us. We will go the pool later..Seis having lots of fun..

Linda...the new wheelchair sounds like a good thing for Dh. Glad dd and family recovered.

Claudia..hope you got back safely with n diversions.

Chessielady..hope your weather is not awful.

we are playing each day by ear...there is some heavy rain off and on.

i would come back but want to stay on the ocean.

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 6

Hope you and Syd had fun at the pool, Barbara.  I'm not a fan of high humidity, which we certainly had in Maryland in August.  I guess you are not on the ocean?  Sorry if I am misinterpreting.  I know you stay at some lovely places right on the ocean -- I have only done that one or two times, and it was wonderful.  Sorry the weather is iffy, but it is good to play things by ear.

Waves to chessielady and Claudia.  Hope your trip home goes smoothly, Claudia.

Nothing exciting going one here.  I have been to church and the gym, and I'll visit DH later this afternoon.  

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Back home. I'm heading to bed. I pick TT and Griff up at 8 am. More tomorrow.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope your weather is okay, Barbara.  DD said they were having heavy rain, but it was supposed to clear up tomorrow.  Hot and dry weather expected here.  Perkins due to all the rain, we have a bumper crop of weeds.  I have been doing lots of spraying and pulling. Also, lots of bugs and bees.  There have been two deaths and several hospitalizations due to bed stings.

Hope you were able to get some rest, and the dog pickup went okay, Claudia and things are okay there, Chessielady.

I am visiting DH who Is s!feeling away.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We are having a big thunderstorm..Syd and I timed her ropes course adventure perfectly. It is very hot and humid..but the course was by the ocean and thread a large covered porch with rocking chairs. There was a good breeze so it was tolerable.

we made it back about 20 minutes before the storm started. 

M said the roof was being done and Pepper was so terrified that he burrowed in the back of her kennel. She ended upholding her while she worked.

we have a Motown show tonight..not too far from here. 

Hoppe everyone one is having a good day.

Linda, our bug guy takes care of our weeds..not too expensive and much easier.

Respected Contributor

Glad your DH is still feeling ok, Linda. It's in the 70's here and we may get rain.

Poor Pepper, Barbara. Some dogs don't like loud noises. Sammy was the same only larger. TT and Griff are not bothered.

I picked the boys up shortly after 8. TT was loaded first. Griff went in the car by way of the front passenger seat. I had the back of that seat down figuring TT would try to get up front again. Sure enough he did. Griff scolded him. I pulled over twice in the way home.

After that I went out to pick up the farm milk and a few essentials. By the time I got home I was hurting again. I plan to stay put the rest of the day. The dogs are sleeping again.

When we landed at Buffalo yesterday we used wheelchairs and had help retrieving the baggage. They even took us to the shuttle pick up. Thank heaven because we both were hurting and I was moving slower and slower. I think it's the sciatic nerve.

I think R plans to contact the neurologist and get the procedure of a couple sc re as to stabilize the neck rather than hope nothing goes wrong.

Barbara, great timing for Sydnie's role course adventure.

All the cats have come out of hiding. My cat sitter only saw 3 while we were gone.

I'm spite of all my planning R forgot to pack the belt for his suit. It never fails something is always left behind.

Chessielady, did you get a lot of rain?

Super Contributor

Glad you made it home safely.

Also glad Pepper survived her ordeal! Yes... dogs handle noise differently! When we put the new roof on none of the dogs seemed to care one bit. 

On Saturday we got over 7 1/2 inches of rain. It rained on and off during the day but around 5:00 pm the sky opened up and flat out poured. It never let up till somewhere around 5:00 am. The two old dogs went about their business as usual..just damper! The pups looked at me like I was stark raving mad at any request/suggestion that they may need to go outside an attend to their business!. It was a lonnnnnng night! At times I couldn't even see across the yard it rained so hard.

Husband was out of town playing trains. He belongs to a historical railroad club. They had a steam engine come into town for an excursion. He'll be gone next weekend also...hope it doesn't rain!

Hope every one is well and has a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Wow!

What a lot of rain, chessielady. I can imagine the dogs reaction. Griff is horrified at the thought of rain. TT isn't bothered.

My dad was a steam engine enthusiast besides being a radio ham. 

Saturday while we were gone there was the World War 2 reenactment of the bridge over Remagen in a nearby town. I think this is the 9th year.

I've been using a walker around the house- at least in the 1st floor. That lessens the pain. I plan to head to bed early.

Have a good evening everyone.

Respected Contributor

It is a rainy day. Sydnie and I went to the aquarium for a few hours and got caught in a pretty good deluge on the way out. So we got home, dried off and changed clothes...I had to dry my hair. 

My my body is wearing out...the humidity is getting to me and we have been really active. We are going out to dinner at a seafood place where you can watch the shrimp boats come in . Tomorrow will be a pool day here...contingent on the weather. 

Claudia..sorry you are in so much pain...sciatic pain is no fun.  Take care..I have had to use a wheelchair at the airport on occasion...and it can be quite handy. 

Linda..hope Dh I'd better today...you probably will need cooleeather clothes for your trip. 

This is place was pretty noisy last night..I ended up calling security who took care of it quickly. Yikes.

enjoythe rest of your day.

chessielady..my husband was quite interested in model railroads. 

Pepper is fine..that is the first time she has ever been afraid of noise..thunder, fireworks do not bother her.

Respected Contributor

It's a sunny day here and not too hot. Very very slowly I got most of the back yard mowed and managed to put the recycling out for pickup tomorrow. I do have a wheeled walker with a seat that I bought When Aldi's had it at a good price. I've been using it around the first floor.

When I go out for more groceries I will use a motorized cart much as I hate to do so. I just refilled R's weekly pill box. I'm waiting for TT to wake up and move to put the box containing the prescription bottles back. Not up to climbing over him. 

Sorry the humidity is getting to you, Barbara. You have been really busy. I don't do well in humidity either. I wimp out as mother used to say. I'm glad security settled thiings quickly last night.

Linda, packing clothing you can layer sounds like a good idea. I hope DH is doing better today.

Normally R would be working at the muzzleloader booth at the county fair this week. We decided it wasn't a good idea this year given the vertebrae that is partially healed and the damage to the left wrist.

Oops I just remembered Griff needs his flea medication. Almost forgot.

Chessielady, did you ever done at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese in London? We had dinner in the chip house in 04 but last year found the chip house closed and just the bars open. With a lot of 20 something's partying. We ended up across the road at the Tipperary for dinner. My legs don't hold up to a lot of walking anymore. We did have the oyster passes but several times I used a taxi