Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT. 10)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is a nice day here again -- good "walking weather" (not too hot and sunny).  We are expecting higher than normal temperatures (in the 90's) and no rain this week, so I expect the AC will be back on again for a while this evening.  Still okay by me since I like warm weather.

Thank goodness, I'm feeling much better today.  Not to say that I am totally back to "normal" but very close.  I visited DH yesterday, and he was doing well.  And, this morning, I took a long walk, and then visited him on the way back.  Although I plan to visit him again shortly, I wanted to talk to his hospice caregiver who goes there early.  And, we had a very good discussion -- such a nice and warm lady.  DH was just fine.

I wanted to let Charlene know that I am praying for the family of the slain police officers.  I really can't imagine how difficult it is for Zach (hope that is the correct name), and all who knew and loved the young mother.  Beyond tragic.  Not to mention the other officer who was very close to retiring and had a large family.  

No TSV for me, and so far I haven't seen anything else that has triggered my "purchase" finger.  I have discovered something -- watching Q can  trigger that finger.  For example, I was really considering those TSV pillows until I read about some of your experiences and the reviews.  Whew, that was a close one.

Hoping Jean's procedure is going well, and thinking about Kathleen and her big move.  You certainly have a wonderful attitude about "starting over" in such a different place.  I have my fingers crossed that it is a good move.  Your new "rig" looks very nice.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Essie, Marijane, Charlene, meallen, Barbara, Susan, Marijane, Rosa, Karen, 3suwm5, Gayle, Butterfly, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT. 10)

@LindaLatte  Hey Linda thanks for starting us off today.  Glad you and your beloved are feeling a bit better.

It's steady busy today at work versus buried busy, lol.  Not a bad way to start the week.  Definitely fall temps - I'm in closed toe boots and cords today.  

Hope everyone has a nice day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

National Handbag Day is today, check your keyboard,

http://www.mediafocus.com/stock-photo-word-handbag-on-keyboard-rs1120542513.html

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello ladies, and thanks @LindaLatte for the start. Glad to hear you, and DH are feeling better.

I agree with you about not watching Q makes not purchasing very easy. I don't watch at all these days, until I want something in particular. I get the "Insider" so I can glance through it and know if anything is of interest, most times there is not. lol I do still order at times, like recently I decided I wanted some new Christmas decor items.

I also am in agreement about the slain police officers, so very sad.

Hoping that @KonaKat's procedure went well.

Also wishing the best for @RockChick's move and new job search.

@Bird mama, closed toe boots, must be chilly there, lol. Glad work is not buried busy today.

@meallen616, your graphic today makes me Lol. Thanks.

I got my walk done early this morning. But was chased by a BIG dog, it ran up behind me, I heard it coming up on me, then started barking and kind of jumping at me. When I heard it, I spun around, clapped my hands several times and pointed back the way it came and kept telling it to "go home". Finally, it's owner came meandering around the side of her house and called it off me. This was not far from my house and I walk past there all the time, am hoping this does not become the "norm". Anyway, no harm done, but I didn't like it much, lol.

Cloudy day so I've just been piddling around the house, was out back talking to my neighbor lady and it started raining so am back inside.

I have a chicken/noodle thing going in the crockpot and I need to pull the chicken out, shred it and add the noodles to let it cook a while longer, so better go do that.

Waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @LindaLatte for the start, glad you & DH are feeling better, hope you continue to improve,   Your weather sounds good for you, a bit too warm for me but then we have the humidity.

@Snicks1, whoa, scary time with the dog, you did good girl, don't know how I would have reacted, shame on the owner.

@meallen616, well I did not hit "that" key, have been on the hunt for the perfect, at least for me, handbag, but still shopping my closet.

@Bird mama, might be the perfect Monday for you, just busy enough.  We're still warm here, 70ish,  & tomorrow warmer, I'll take it.

Got a haircut today as I could only take it so far, it's been ages since I've had a professional cut, she did say I did a good job, well maybe they all say that.  Anyway it's layered & lighter, so I'll see how it goes before I get the scissors out, I know never satisfied.

Still picking some red tomatoe's (is there an "e" there?) can't believe my crop, did get some of the very small ones picked & put in the pickle jar so they'll need a month or so to marinate.

Waves & Hugs to all, have a good evening

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

I went for the bladder cancer checkup today in which they just numb it enough via a topical anesthesia so that you don't feel pain from the scope. Guess what! He found a small tumor and asked how I felt about going ahead and taking care of it versus coming back and doing it under twilight anesthesia. I told him to go ahead. Did I feel it? Oh, yes! Every little snip and then the cauterization. On the other hand, I have had prolonged leg and back pain that was worse. The nurses said most people chose to come back. I just wanted to get it over with.

Afterwards, I went to eat lunch but then decided to go home to rest as I was feeling tired and didn't want to deal with the grocery shopping. It can wait. I work tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday.

Linda and others--Thank you for your contributions. I just wanted to check in and give an update. I'm heading for some rest again as I watch The Voice later this evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

National Handbag Day is today, check your keyboard,

http://www.mediafocus.com/stock-photo-word-handbag-on-keyboard-rs1120542513.html

I looked and my keyboard said "don't spend money" 

This picture is LOL 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I am just checking in to say my infusion went well & it is my hope that I will be my DH's energized Bunny again for another 8 weeks.  I also took a two hour nap.  Drowsiness is my only side effect, so I am very fortunate.

Jean, I am with you in getting the extra procedure taken care of today.  I did the same thing when my gyn Dr. saw polyps & said he could take them out or I could go back next year for another ultrasound.

Prayers for Zach.  An unimaginable tragedy.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Jean are they running it through pathology?  

I'm sorry that you felt it.  I would have done the same thing though, just get rid of it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@spix, I got my hair cut last week. She started talking about a cut she had seen recently at a hair show, and I said, let's do it, if I don't like it, its only hair and will grow back. It's shorter than I normally get, but I like it. Hope you like your cut also.

@KonaKat, I am sorry that you felt the removal of the tumor. I would have done the same thing, had it done at the time. Rest up.

I watch "The Voice" also.

@butterfly123, don't spend money, that's funny.

@twinny70, glad you got your infusion today, hope you are energized again.

I did end up spending money today; I found they chairs to go on the deck to go along with the table I got a while back. Same place, don't know why they haven't been available until now, lol. But they are ordered and will be here in about a week.

One of my granddaughters recently started a parttime job as a cake decorator for a major grocery chain. She brought over a cake tonight that she had decorated, it was very pretty and tasted good too. Such a sweet young person, 1st year in college, has 2-3 parttime jobs and gets great grades, never in trouble. Can't ask for better than that.

My chicken/noodle thing was so good. Plenty left to go in the freezer for another day.

"To each their own, in all things".