Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 20)

Hi girls, Just checking in; it's been a rough couple of weeks - I miss my sweet Honeybun, and even though I know I'll see her again, it's hard, especially when I get in the car to go somewhere and the other two pile in, or when I go to the freezer to get them ice cream. Add to that a class that's been making me miserable... I've given up on the latter; it's largely ratios and algebra-like calculations, and whereas I can do straight accounting or descriptive problems just fine, put some letters and weird symbols in with the numbers and well, I don't have the kind of brain that can process that. I've given up worrying about it - if I fail the class, I fail the class - frankly, I don't see what it has to do with an MBA in Human Resource Management anyway.

I'm headed outside to see if I can get the smaller pool set up in a little while; Mark has proven to be an unreliable as every other handyman I've had, and since we're already a month into the season there's no point in spending a lot of money to fill the big pool, buy all the salt it needs, and pay him to fix the pump and get the pool cleaned out.  I've been stuck at home for the last two days. I took Autumn and Angelica for a drive to Walmart Saturday night, and fortunately stopped at the Murphy's outside to top off on gas, since it was under $2. A guy pointed out that a rear tire was almost flat, and of course, the auto department at Walmart had just closed.  I tried putting air in the tire, and sure enough, it was just a slow leak so I was able to get home; it's now half flat again. I was supposed  to take the car in for an oil change today and called my mechanic to send over someone to put air in; he was short-staffed, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Jean, green beans are my favorite, but they have to be fresh. I can't stand canned and don't care for frozen as they have no flavor. Next time I go to Trader Joe's I'll see if they have any of their 21 Spice Salute and get you a jar if they do - it's great on anything.

LindaL, I'm so sorry you're still going through such a difficult time; I pray for you often. I see AZ has broken all records for hot temps. 

Bird, did they find out what was going on?

No shopping here; I have everything I need, now that I ordered a kitchen timer from Amazon a little while ago - the one I had gave up the ghost after just a few months. i had one like it that I had gotten many years ago; it lasted me over 15 years, until the cats broke it - they just don't make things like they used to, do they?

Guess I'd better get moving; hi to everyone - have a blessed day.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls, Just checking in; it's been a rough couple of weeks - I miss my sweet Honeybun, and even though I know I'll see her again, it's hard, especially when I get in the car to go somewhere and the other two pile in, or when I go to the freezer to get them ice cream. Add to that a class that's been making me miserable... I've given up on the latter; it's largely ratios and algebra-like calculations, and whereas I can do straight accounting or descriptive problems just fine, put some letters and weird symbols in with the numbers and well, I don't have the kind of brain that can process that. I've given up worrying about it - if I fail the class, I fail the class - frankly, I don't see what it has to do with an MBA in Human Resource Management anyway.

I'm headed outside to see if I can get the smaller pool set up in a little while; Mark has proven to be an unreliable as every other handyman I've had, and since we're already a month into the season there's no point in spending a lot of money to fill the big pool, buy all the salt it needs, and pay him to fix the pump and get the pool cleaned out.  I've been stuck at home for the last two days. I took Autumn and Angelica for a drive to Walmart Saturday night, and fortunately stopped at the Murphy's outside to top off on gas, since it was under $2. A guy pointed out that a rear tire was almost flat, and of course, the auto department at Walmart had just closed.  I tried putting air in the tire, and sure enough, it was just a slow leak so I was able to get home; it's now half flat again. I was supposed  to take the car in for an oil change today and called my mechanic to send over someone to put air in; he was short-staffed, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Jean, green beans are my favorite, but they have to be fresh. I can't stand canned and don't care for frozen as they have no flavor. Next time I go to Trader Joe's I'll see if they have any of their 21 Spice Salute and get you a jar if they do - it's great on anything.

LindaL, I'm so sorry you're still going through such a difficult time; I pray for you often. I see AZ has broken all records for hot temps. 

Bird, did they find out what was going on?

No shopping here; I have everything I need, now that I ordered a kitchen timer from Amazon a little while ago - the one I had gave up the ghost after just a few months. i had one like it that I had gotten many years ago; it lasted me over 15 years, until the cats broke it - they just don't make things like they used to, do they?

Guess I'd better get moving; hi to everyone - have a blessed day.

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--It was good to see you post again. It has been a rough time for you. I agree that things often are not built to last but then that guarantees a buyer for the product over and over as it wears out. You have the worst luck with your repair people. I hope the tire can be fixed so that it doesn't leak; otherwise, you might be facing buying another.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Hi Sweetie, good to see you posting.  We never got a formal announcement about the conclusion.

From what I understand, SWAT went through the city hall building floor by floor and didn't find him.  So, he got in and out with a gun.

The police chief is embarassed.  I think they have a private security firm that does the city hall (aka Coleman A Young Municipal Building).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, so glad you posted with an update. I was beginning to worry.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Oh, geez I am sorry for worrying you.  It was so flippen hot outside and we never did get the rain that I had no intention of leaving the building to go outside until quitting time anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, no problem. The world is just so crazy these days, ya know.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

I spent my first 39 years there as a resident.  Just another day in Detroit.  I am not kidding.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinny70

Thank you for the information.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Happy to hear you are okay. I hope security and police are continuing to look for this person.