Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 20)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is the first day of Summer as well as our state's birthday. It is a beautiful sunny day, one that is designed to motivate me to get some things done.    

I looked at the TSV. The only IM I have are some of his ceramic watches. I would be tempted to try this TSV but the fact I have too many clothes is a reality that is keeping me from ordering. I am also concerned that since it s 100% cotton that it might be subject to shrinkage.

I'll be going to the city tomorrow for several appointments. I hope to find some items today which I can take to the donation center tomorrow.

That IM swim dress on clearance is cute. I have a swimsuit tucked away that I bought about 3 years ago to have just in case I needed one. I have yet to use it. The local swimming pool was closed and the nearest one is over an hour away. I don't have one of those above ground pools that some have here.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 20)

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It reached 115 degrees in Tucson yesterday -- a record, and it wasn't much cooler here (112 according to my phone).  Thank goodness for AC and fans.  Happy Birthday to West Virginia and have a nice first day of summer.  

I have some IM ankle pants, and one of his sweaters.  I am not interested in the TSV since I don't need more clothes (quite to the contrary), and I am not a fan of "V" neck tops.  I do have some, but not a good look for me. I hope any of you who order it enjoy it very much.

DH is not in good shape this morning.  He did not sleep very well, and he is quite unsteady this morning.  It was a huge effort for him to get up from the couch, and his feet are swollen.  The nurse happened to call the caregiver while she was here, and the nurse said I could call if I wanted her to come today.  I may do so.  The caregiver also suggested that I have him elevate his feet.

Again today, I took an early morning walk, and DH slept through it okay.  Additional exercise will need to be done indoors.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Susan, Marijane, snicks, Essie, butterfly, Barbara, Charlene, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladie, hope all is well. 

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today.  I hope you find more to donate while you are in the city tomorrow.  Hope your appts. are good.  I don't have anything by IM, but I do find I like some of his stuff.

Linda - Sorry your day is not going well with DH.  Hope this afternoon goes better.  Yes, do keep his feet elevated if his ankles are swollen. 

Not much going on here today, trying to decide what to do.  I do need to was and oil my wood vanity, so I think that is the project for today.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Trusted Contributor

Just to let everyone know, the weatherman said that "winter is 185 days away."  Just repeating what I heard.

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Sunny summer day here, heat and humidity are here to stay, at least through this week, which is as far as is predicted so far. I haven't looked at the TSV, I do have a couple IM long sleeved T-shirts that I like, but the fabric is heavy (for fall/winter), don't know if these are the same fabric or not, but if so, would be much too warm to wear here. I hope your trip into and your appointments in the city go well tomorrow and that you can find more to donate. You do a great job on your donations.

@LindaLatte, It certainly is hot where you are. Glad the humidity is not also an issue there, or it would be truly unbearable to live there, imo. So sorry DH is not having a good day, hoping things improve for both of you today. Please do call the nurse if things continue or deteiorate further. Glad you could get your walk in early.

@PAlady, glad you have settled on a project for today. I have so many projects that it is hard to pick one to tackle, lol.

I was out early to finish a weeding job on the back fenceline. Still much to do along those lines, but I am taking a bread for today from the weeding. I also did the daily pool maintenance. Am now facing a messy house that needs my attention, as I let things go over the weekend. Have a great day. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all - expecting low 90's today.  Storm should be cooling us off if it doesn't break up.  Looks like it's coming down left to right from Milwaukee. 

There was some kind of incident in a nearby (work location) municipal center.  I heard about it as I was exiting my vehicle in the parking garage.  I mumbled there is always some kind of incident there.

We just received a notice from security that although our building is not really threatened, Detroit Police are manning the entrances and exits.

Newpaper (online) said it may or may not be a man with a gun.  May or may not have been a gun.  Apparently some guy in a suit came in with a bag that could've had a gun and by the time the scanners (people) saw it he was already in an elevator to locations unknown.

Jesus.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, oh my goodness. Do be careful. Update us when there is an all clear. So scarey!
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Morning for a little while yet, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, I also have a swimsuit tucked away somewhere, bought it a few years ago for a trip to Wisc. wore it once

@LindaLatte, sorry DH is having problems, will he keep his feet elevated as that wilI help , hope you have a better time of it tonite.

I'm trying not to order any clothes at all as my closets are jam packed, little by little I'm weeding out but it's a slow process

@PAlady, hope your vanity gets done, I'm sure it'll look good when you're finished.  Thank you for the update on Winter  lol

Ran out to the store for a few things I'd forgotten, quite windy & cloudy but very warm, supposed to cool off with some rain tonite.

Hoping to use the grill for supper so hope the rain holds off

Hi to all

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I am so sorry that DH is continuing to have difficulties. Talking to the nurse might be a good idea. I do like v-necks if they are not cut too low for me. It is good that the humidity is lower in your area. It makes it easier to tolerate high temps.

Susan--The vanity is a great project to do inside today. As far as the mentioning of how far away winter is, I remember an electronic sign outside of a business in summer which said, "I'd rather shovel sweat than snow."

Snicks--Good job on getting out early to take care of those weeds and also the pool. The house? I have a lot of projects I could do both inside and outside. I'm beginning to think that night is a good time to do those as I seem to get interrupted about the time I start one.

Bernie--You certainly are having some excitement in your office area. If the police are manning the building, they must have decided to take extra caution. I can see you starting to pack some "heat" just in case.

Essie--Weeding out things is definitely a slow process. Sometimes, I think the easy way is to just  grab things, don't look at them to deliberate, and then let them go. I do hope the weather doesn't interfere with your grilling.

This healthier eating routine is including eating more veggies. I'm still working on downing a cup of French style green beans, which don't taste the greates as they are salt free. I don't normally add salt to things, but something is missing with these.

Our official state song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN86d0CdgHQ

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@konakat      

I have the solution for the french cut green beans.  If you can have it and have any of it around the house,  grated/shredded parmesan cheese sprinkled on the green beans is the bomb!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise