Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MON, JAN. 18)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a dreary day with snow flurries off and on. I had a good night's sleep and have been doing household chores.

I just finished looking at my easy pays and seeing which ones I wanted to pay off in advance.  I also looked at our state's updated site regarding all the facets of Covid--19. We definitely aren't keeping the vaccine on the shelves. Of the 132,000+ first doses received,  130,000 have been administered or 98.4%. Of the 28,275 second doses received, 23,092 have been administered or 81..7%. If I had the first dose, I would definitely follow through with the second but apparently some haven't yet.

I saw the mattressTSV presented. It is so hard locally to get rid of used mattresses. it would be tempting to order just to get the set up and take away provisions of that TSV. I haven't checked with any furniture stores in the city 65 miles away to see what they charge for this service but the last item I purchased carried a $95 fee to just bring the item to the house. Yes, at one time we had two furniture stores but that along with clothing stores is a thing of the past. We either go to the city or shop online for the things we need.

If the weather is acceptable, I am meeting my niece tomorrow in the city for lunch. I  have some things already prepared to take for donation, and hope to find more before tomorrow.

It is amazing when work is limited as well as travel, how much the urge to shop for new items is reduced. I guess that is one positive side benefit of Covid-19 although I would be happy to see the borders open in  some countries amd quarantine regulations reduced with the advent of the Covid vaccine and sufficient people taking it to reduce risks.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MON, JAN. 18)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you had a good night's sleep. Again today, you would like our sunny and warm weather.

That is interesting about the mattress disposal issue.  None of the local thrift stores, etc. will take mattresses, and it is difficult to get rid of them.  That is one reason (among several) that I have not been eager to buy one of those "bed in a box" mattresses sold here or elsewhere.  I noticed that yesterday's TSV would have solved that problem, but a new mattress does not qualify as a need.  

Hope the weather is nice tomorrow so that you and your niece can have lunch together plus you can drop off your donations.  I understand that we are down to one place that will take donations around here due to COVID, and I will probably wait until others open up again.

It should be a very quiet day around here.  I received a confusing message about my IRA required distribution, so I sent off an e-mail to my adviser.  Of course, I don't expect to hear from her until tomorrow at the earliest. 

No TSV for me since I need my Rx glasses rather than readers of any sort.   Also, I tried glasses supposed to help with blue light once, and didn't like them at all.  I hope any who order them like them very much.

Things are not going well with DD and family.  Both my SIL and DGS are having breathing issues, etc., and DD and DGD are not feeling great.  Tomorrow, DD needs to take my SIL for his monoclonal antibody treatments fairly early in the morning -- he needs to wait in the car, then have the treatment that may take three hours or more.  Since DD cannot go anywhere, she may drive home and back (I think about 40 minutes each way) rather than sit in the car.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's a cloudy day here too.   We had a few dustings of snow over the weekend.  So far  we have had 10 snowfalls.  I have no idea how many we are supposed to get but it's at  least 26 plus whatever the age of the moon was on 11/26.  I won't send it to you or Linda.  Fressa would like it as much as we do.  We have 2 nice furniture stores in town and they do free deliveries & remove appliances.  I think that they still take mattresses too.  I hope that you have a nice lunch with your niece tomorrow.  Vaccinations are still scarce around here.  I am glad that our ds and ddil have gotten the first one.  

Linda L, I am sorry to hear about your family dealing with health issues.  St. Vincent's takes a limited amount of things right now too.  No TSV for us as we need regular glasses.  

It's supposed to be 🌞🌞🌞 on Wednesday and Thursday.  This is the only time of the year that I enjoy sunshine.  Anything above 60° & sunny is too hot for me.  I am always yelling "park in the shade."  I did that when we were in the SW a couple of years ago and when I went to get out there was a sign saying "Beware of Rattlesnakes." Yikes.  

No big plans except for going to the gym this afternoon and tomorrow.

I like my new leggings.  They are warm and fit like slim leg pants.  If I didn't know better, I would think that they were from Denim & Co.  They are just like what I bought 18 years ago.  

Supper is meatloaf and a baked potato.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  furniture stores have gone out of business or gone downhill around here and I don't even live in a semi-rural area.  I loved Art Van furniture store (local).  If you caught a sale you could get a nice piece of furniture.  They sold out and then the new owners inventory was nothing short of homely.  Well, the new owners of the place went out of business last year.  There's a furniture store called Gardner White (local) been around a long time and never shopped there.  Their furniture was always ugly to me ane they were forever offering a TV as a gift with purchase.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  I'm sorry to read that your son in law and grandson are having breathing issues.  This virus has been around since Jan/Feb (in the country) and they still don't know why it hits some people harder than others.  Sending good thoughts their way.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh Glenda @twinny70  your comment about the rattlesnack sign made me chuckle.  I could picture you opening the car door and saying to your beloved, maybe it's not so hot after all Woman Very Happy