Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOCKER! SHANUS TRYING COLORS FALL/WINTER

I don't know if you've read blog "Susan After 60" but Susan Street seems to wear primarily black, white, navy and gray with accents, frequently scarves.  I have found many of her scarves and similar on EBay for about $ 11. They do change up a look!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh, wow.   What a shocker!    Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44@Shanus   I know youre being sarcastic but it is shocking in a way to me because Shanus is an artist and they usually have an inherent love of color.  She recently changed her personal color scheme so maybe she's just adjusting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44@Shanus   I know youre being sarcastic but it is shocking in a way to me because Shanus is an artist and they usually have an inherent love of color.  She recently changed her personal color scheme so maybe she's just adjusting.

@Kachina624. Thanks for explanation to @Tinkrbl44. I’m sure, as usual, it was a sarcastic, unnecessary comment. Many artists wear a lot of black: it doesn’t show dirt as easily painting or making jewelry and when around color all the time, it’s restful to the eyes. I enjoy black because it’s a wonderful backdrop for my jewelry, especially pieces I’ve made. Advertising. 🤭

Honored Contributor

@ShanusBecause you love black, white, and gray I'm not a bit surprised you don't like yellowy greens or pale pinks and blues.  I try to keep any black, white or gray far from my face, but I do well with most yellowy greens.  No pastels here either, but I know my sisters do well with icy pastels and they both wear black and white well.

One inexpensive way to try a print in colors you want to try is a scarf -  much less commitment than a top - unless you go crazy as I occasionally have.  I do have 2 Ferragamo scarves and I inherited 2 Hermes.  I have to stay north for about 6 weeks longer than I usually do and those scarves are going to get some extra love this season!

Honored Contributor

I've been branching out into prints a bit this year.  I like what they are calling the "dark florals", which for me are jewel tone florals on a dark background.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusBecause you love black, white, and gray I'm not a bit surprised you don't like yellowy greens or pale pinks and blues.  I try to keep any black, white or gray far from my face, but I do well with most yellowy greens.  No pastels here either, but I know my sisters do well with icy pastels and they both wear black and white well.

One inexpensive way to try a print in colors you want to try is a scarf -  much less commitment than a top - unless you go crazy as I occasionally have.  I do have 2 Ferragamo scarves and I inherited 2 Hermes.  I have to stay north for about 6 weeks longer than I usually do and those scarves are going to get some extra love this season!

@millieshops  Yes. I do wear silk scarves and they’re all an abstract print except a few tiny florals on a black background that seems to tame it down a bit.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I've been branching out into prints a bit this year.  I like what they are calling the "dark florals", which for me are jewel tone florals on a dark background.

@faeriemoonThat’s what I’d like to try next...after I get over the shock of my colored sweaters. Most of the florals you mention, that I’ve seen, are huge floral prints like SG shows. Just can’t do those if petite.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624

I saw the title  ("SHOCKER ! .... )  and thought it was going to be something actually shocking.  So she tried some new colors.  Great.  Always fun, but really nothing shocking about it.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I had a sea of black in my closet.  I added rich colors and patterns.  Not a fan of pastel.  I sometimes look in the closet and say what was I thinking when I bought this or that.  So the moral of the story is don't swing the pendulum too far in the other direction.

@GCR18This is a good example of how we have a sense of what is best and not doing impluse buys. 

It doesn't mean we can't learn.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Well, @Shanus, your baby steps would not yet prepare you to walk into my closet or peek into my drawers (so to speak).

It would probably give you an electrical shock to see such a profusion of colors, prints, plaids, oh, my.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland