Honored Contributor

Re: SHOCKER! SHANUS TRYING COLORS FALL/WINTER

@ECBG. I think I’m true winter, although some, not all, summer colors looked ok & were purchased. The periwinkle, deep rose and deep blue green are the shades I purchased. Can you be a winter & summer?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus You had me at double strand of pearls & large diamond studs. Squeals of glee!  Excellent.  And I love that they were inherited, to me that is honoring the spirit & love of your grand-maman.  I too wear pearls with jeans.  My uniform for the office is a sheath dress with scarf/shawl or twin set with skirt.  For casual it's jeans rolled (I'm very short and shortest length is way too long) with peny loafters and a shirt/blazer type of jacket.  When I teach meditation I'm in loose fitting yoga pants and t-shirt so I can move easilty to assist my students.  That's my uniform.  My sister is abfab and always trying new things, etc.  Bless her heart, she gently tries to get me out of my rut but I always go back.  So I've declared it my style and that's what I'm rocking.  

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus You had me at double strand of pearls & large diamond studs. Squeals of glee!  Excellent.  And I love that they were inherited, to me that is honoring the spirit & love of your grand-maman.  I too wear pearls with jeans.  My uniform for the office is a sheath dress with scarf/shawl or twin set with skirt.  For casual it's jeans rolled (I'm very short and shortest length is way too long) with peny loafters and a shirt/blazer type of jacket.  When I teach meditation I'm in loose fitting yoga pants and t-shirt so I can move easilty to assist my students.  That's my uniform.  My sister is abfab and always trying new things, etc.  Bless her heart, she gently tries to get me out of my rut but I always go back.  So I've declared it my style and that's what I'm rocking.  

@Misplaced Parisian  It seems you and I are kindred spirits...even meditation and yoga (for me). When I inherited lots of real jewelry, estate & otherwise, I decided to insure it, wear it and love it. It doesn’t do it justice to remain coddled in a safe. Yes, if lost, it does have sentimental value. My grandmother gave it to me (only granddaughter w/ 9 grandsons)  & received pearls & diamond pins (some remade into clasps for pearls) from my aunt who had no children. I honor them by wearing & enjoying them. I’ve been know to place a lg. diamond pin on my denim jacket as well. We’re rocking and rolling! 👍🏻

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I'm a yoga and Pilates (love the ProChair I purchased from the Q) girl.  However, I do those in my home and the iuniform is more form fitting so clothing doesn't impede my asanas/positions.  I'm not comfy in wearing that uniform out in public.  Giggles & oh la la.  You are spot on....jewels are meant to be worn, not hidden in a safe.  When I see jewelry I like, I compliment it and usually get a story about the piece.  I'm a collector of stories and grateful people share them with me.  Have a marvelous day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your post @Misplaced Parisian. Are you getting the hang of posting and feel comfortable? Love questions about my jewelry, too. I also comment on interesting pieces I see on others. I complimented a woman on her cameo pin and she had inherited it from her great-grandmother, who was rescued from the Titanic!!

Respected Contributor

Shanus, I deleted my post for you! Cat Tongue

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

Shanus, I deleted my post for you! Cat Tongue

@I like celery  Any particular reason why?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Thanks for asking.  I think I'm getting the hang of things.  The cameo pin from the Titanic...the history geek in me squealed out loud.  Gasp.  What a story.  Wow.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Glad you are enjoying a bit of color in your wardrobe.

I always wear neutral bottoms so I love color on top. I prefer jewel tones over pastels. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Winters can wear both palettes, although, our colors make our eyes more bright and puts color in our cheek.Smiley Happy