Respected Contributor

Re: SG clothing is getting very boring, plain and matronly-so long....

I watched some today and thought she had some great stuff! I have bought a few solids but also some prints- I love the polka dots. I love the 3/4 sleeve tops with the 3/4 shirred sleeves. I think the LOGO things only look good on the very young and slim.
Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone notice that when she was presenting her New Premiere Knit top that she covered the label made in China with her thumb? It was not an accident because she did it twice. If she is so ashamed of where her clothes are made why doesn't she start producing her clothing line in the US. She was with Nancy Hornbeck.

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad to finally see some solids. Her prints are too wild and garish and her animal prints are getting old. How many animal prints can one person have in their wardrobe?
Respected Contributor

The main problem I have with Susan's clothing (except the ever increasing cost plus inferior material) is that the sizes seem to run inconsistent. Just purchased 2 identical skirts on line in different sizes but the fit was the same on both; so tired of paying all the return postage.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had good luck with everything I have selected from Susan Graver. I am careful and buy online. I do not watch as I tend to be easily swayed. I have taken to buy her AS IS fashions and obviously I get a better price if I am willing to wait and to trust. The other day I got her A 261690 (Liquid knit beaded dolman 3/4 sleeve top in blue). I paired it with a skirt of like color and went out dancing for the evening. Beautiful. For about $28 plus tax and shipping I am happy for my purchase.

Frequent Contributor

I don't know what some ladies mean as being matronly and not liking her clothes. I think she has done a fabulous job keeping up with current trends, etc. She is trying to cover all age groups and maybe you have not seen her latest designs. She has different fabrics and not just liquid knit. I hope you can look at her designs again, but QVC has a lot of designers. I know I have my favorites. I don't know how old you are, the ones talking about her clothes negatively, but there are a lot of designers as I said before. Good luck!!

Frequent Contributor

On 8/7/2014 elated said:

Did anyone notice that when she was presenting her New Premiere Knit top that she covered the label made in China with her thumb? It was not an accident because she did it twice. If she is so ashamed of where her clothes are made why doesn't she start producing her clothing line in the US. She was with Nancy Hornbeck.

I haven't watched her show today, but some are forced to look for certain fabrics and prices to save her customers money. I have no problem having other countries provide us with clothes. No one complains when our jewelry comes from Italy. I am in my sixties and since I have been a child, it seemed everything was coming from China. It is not a new thing. It would be nice if we could have all American made goods, but we never will.

Valued Contributor

On 8/7/2014 elated said:

I'm sure QVC decides where to manufacture her clothing, or at least sets the budget. I doubt it's her decision. She realizes what a sensitive issue it is to many, so why invite criticism or risk fewer sales.....covering the label was probably a smart move.
Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Krimpette said:

I must be dreaming. I thought people were complaining recently about her prints. I like variety…both prints and solids.

I agree, I like both. Being a plus size I was hesitant bout the prints tho. I just ordered a print liquid knit top(green). It was gorgeous!! Unfortunately my body didn't look right with the side rousching, so I returned it. I was SO tempted to keep & wear a jacket over it.

I have just ordered several SG pieces in liquid knit. I love the cardigan swing type jackets. Awhile back I had ordered a jacket in Peridot, which was a very odd shade of green. I decided to keep, in hopes of finding a print top to layer under. I found a beautiful Vera Wang scarf (shades of yellow/greens/ little blk) that completed a nice piece.

SG gets on my nerves at times, but I do like her clothing. Finding a good fit for me is rare, so that's another reason I like her clothing. When I read reviews about the inconsistant sizing, I always wait a bit before ordering tho.

Occasional Contributor

I received a liquid knit print top this week and thought it was very pretty. The fit was terrible and prior, I never have a problem with the liquid knit. I looked at the item on line and found it was made in the US but from imported materials. I don't know if that was the reason it was so different than previous liquid knits or if the sizing was off!! Shipping and handling is out of control also.