Super Contributor

Re: SG clothing is getting very boring, plain and matronly-so long....

I couldn't disagree more. SG's styles are very very similar to what I see at H&M, WH/BM, Zara and others. Long tops, tunic styles, belted or not, very similar to LOGO. Even Linea is now doing the same. I think for some women the issue is that they equate loose, body skimming, and bohemian style clothing with sloppiness or artsy hippies and they prefer the 50's "lady-like" look. There's room at the table for everyone!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/7/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

I couldn't disagree more. SG's styles are very very similar to what I see at H&M, WH/BM, Zara and others. Long tops, tunic styles, belted or not, very similar to LOGO. Even Linea is now doing the same. I think for some women the issue is that they equate loose, body skimming, and bohemian style clothing with sloppiness or artsy hippies and they prefer the 50's "lady-like" look. There's room at the table for everyone!

I am a big fan of WHBM and no way does SG compare. Her styles for the most part are shapeless and baggy while WHBM clothing is very figure flattering and shapely.

Honored Contributor

I thought the TSV "jeggings" were kind of trendy. Didn't buy, but thought they were more modern than the norm.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

If SG looked anything like White House/Black Market, I would be all over them!!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan can't win. Unfortunately, she seems to have the distinction of being the vendor far too many on these boards seem to love to hate, although it's apparent that a high percentage of QVC's fashion buying customers love what she brings to the Q (longevity as a vendor and high sales volume is how I reach this conclusion).

There have been numerous negative threads over the years calling her prints dowdy, matronly, and other rude disrespectful words. Now this one complaining about solids{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. I believe there is even one floating around today complaining about Susan using more cotton after the countless threads complaining that she should use higher levels of natural fabrication in her line.

Occasional Contributor

I'm beginning to agree, the printed tops are, for the most part, cheap looking.
Occasional Contributor

I'm beginning to agree, the printed tops are, for the most part, cheap looking.
Contributor

I think Susan's clothes are great! Have never had a problem with any of them. I like a variety of prints and solids both. It is what you, the wearer, do with the clothes to make them flattering on yourself. She is "doomed if she does" and "doomed if she doesn't". Too much meanness on her FB page and also QVC's page. She needs to stand up for herself like Jill Bauer does on her FB page and also Shawn K. stands up for herself. Lisa has her entourage and she also will retort back to people.

Super Contributor

On 8/7/2014 dansey said:

I think Susan's clothes are great! Have never had a problem with any of them. I like a variety of prints and solids both. It is what you, the wearer, do with the clothes to make them flattering on yourself. She is "doomed if she does" and "doomed if she doesn't". Too much meanness on her FB page and also QVC's page. She needs to stand up for herself like Jill Bauer does on her FB page and also Shawn K. stands up for herself. Lisa has her entourage and she also will retort back to people.

Some people just resent an attractive, successful woman. She's everything they are not.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/7/2014 Kathleen said:
On 8/7/2014 dansey said:

Some people just resent an attractive, successful woman. She's everything they are not.

I think you are right, Kathleen. That's the only conclusion that must surely explain why some people are so negative about her. For the longest time, this has been a mystery to me.