Honored Contributor

Though they won't admit it I am confident that the reason people get the letter is returning used items - esp. if they do so frequently.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

It's part of "The Customer Is Always Right".

They'll do anything to keep you coming back to that store.

bingo!

I'm thinking more along the lines of grocery stores etc. but they clearly don't consider the effect of letting things just slide, for one idiot, on the majority that are doing the right thing!

Honored Contributor

Antonella made some comments the other day about their not minding footprints inside the shoes, worn soles, etc., because they want us to be REALLY HAPPY with the shoes.  I know immediately whether shoes will fit or not and if they go back they can be resold and I have a clear conscience. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Antonella made some comments the other day about their not minding footprints inside the shoes, worn soles, etc., because they want us to be REALLY HAPPY with the shoes.  I know immediately whether shoes will fit or not and if they go back they can be resold and I have a clear conscience. 

OTOH, I hear HSN hosts all the time say please don't wear the shoes outside, try them around the house.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Returning clothes

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately this is not a rare occurrence.  I worked retail in the late 1960s.  Even back then people brought back worn items.  The store in which I worked had the policy, the customer was always right.

I have an aunt who is (in)famous for wearing a spectacular outfit to a wedding on Saturday then returning it to the store on Monday.

I had a colleague who ordered beautiful pieces from a QVC Once in Lifetime jewelry show to wear to her son's Bar Mitzah.  She returned within the 30 days.

There was a time HSN and Shop NBC had prominent stickers that once they were removed, you could not return an item.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I'm sure this is why so many posters are so upset that they have to pay return shipping - they had no intention of ever paying anything then QVC threw them this curve.

Well if indeed this is the reason they have such severe return policies, it sure does suck for those of us who do not abuse the system. I have all but stopped buying shoes from the Q because it cost me 16.95 in original and return shipping charges to try the shoes on and find out my usual size did not fit in this brand.