Honored Contributor

I didn't know that low rise jeans had gone anywhere because I have been buying them for years now. Who knew? LOL

Honored Contributor

'Used to be' that we would strive to minimize our tummies and bee-hinds.  

I remember those days..........

And, we all (mom, older sisters, etc.) were always trying to exactly 'match-up' sweater with skirt colors.

Boy, was that an ordeal.............

Well, gasoline was cheap, and we seemed to always be driving here and there and everywhere, trying to find an exact match.

Oh, yes, and sewing skirts when we couldn't find the right color already made.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I do not wear jeans but when it comes to pants in general, I wear mid rise.  I hate pants sitting on my waist. Though I am short, I have a long torso.

While on vacation in Italy, I splurged and had custom made slacks. The tailor said the most flattering pants fall about 2" below your natural waist. Trouser style pants sit at the waist and unless your are thin, are not as flattering. (his words, not mine)

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer low-rise so I’m glad to see them return.  I’m built straight up and down, not much of a waist.  If I get pants that fit my waist, they’re huge in the hips.  I pretty much avoid pants altogether because of my body shape.  Low-rise was the only thing that seemed to work for me. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t like the way low rise jeans ride downward at the top when sitting. Uncomfortable, and shows too much skin, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 that’s why tunic tops are your friend.

Respected Contributor

I had an e-mail from AG this morning, some sale is going on Friends n Family maybe.  I deleted it because I don't want to be tempted to buy anything.

I like a mid-rise, but these might be too low rise for me.  Of course on the model they look fantastic cause she is so slim n trim.  I'd prefer them an inch or so higher in the waist.  I kinda like the cigarette leg tho.  I have so many cropped jeans.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I didn't realize they had gone anywhere either.  I like a mid- or low-rise in jeans (and I'm 61 so it's go nothing to do with age).  In dress pants I prefer a higher rise, but still just at or below the belly button, a little higher in back than in front.  Your actual waist is an inch or so above the belly button, and I won't be wearing those.

Someone mentioned something about minimizing butts. There's a difference between wide hips and an ample booty.  My hips aren't wide, my entire body is equally wide (not fun when trying to buy a bra).  I have an ample booty and I consider it one of my best assets.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex : Sometimes, inadvertently my tops aren’t long enough to cover the “gap.” Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Return of the Low Rise

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@dex : Sometimes, inadvertently my tops aren’t long enough to cover the “gap.” Lol.

Lol you must have a good gap going on.My tunic tops cover everything.I am butt challenged though.