Respected Contributor

@millieshops 

That's funny, I too, bought piles of tops and pants from Macy's, took them home to try on and found that even the same brand didn't fit correctly.  

I just got sick of going back to the store and returning.

Now, I'll actually take the time to go into the dressing room and trying what I want on.  Last week, I took 6 items in and none of them ended coming home with me, that was crazy.  I was thinking to myself these could of gone home and I would be returning.

I did break my no clothing Q rule this past summer, bought 3 pieces and returned 2, that's not a good percentage at all. I just ordered a coat from Clearance too, I need to think positive that it will fit.

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
@lulu1I’m odd shaped/sized and it’s difficult to find clothes that work for me. So I don’t mind giving myself lots of options in the hopes that something will work out, even if I have to pay return shipping. I’ve come to terms with it.

@StillRachB    Are you familiar with the location of the actual garment measurements?  As long as you use them, you should have no problem.  Some people with specific problems might be better off shopping in stores where they can try on the clothing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

You should call CS and ask them about return limits. Since Q is not very generous with only a 30 day return policy, I would think there is some policy regarding returns, but if you are a regular customer and don't return things very often, that may be a factor. I think they discourage returns by the excessive customer cost for sending things back as well as the short return time period. 

Honored Contributor

Back in the day, a few years back, there was at least one thread a month with somebody complaining they were cut off for too many returns. That was back when the return shipping was free. Then they lowered the shipping to purchase and started charging for the returns if you all remember. 
What it boiled down to was that we were all paying upfront for others privilege to return everything for free! I personally don't understand the mindset to order knowing full well you intend to return most of it

Honored Contributor

Could you tell us why you are returning them.  Sizing?  Quality?  Etc?

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB 

It's probably over a time period-like all items for a year returned.

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB I guess you will find out at some point.

Respected Contributor

oh yes.ive gotten the letter before,and it's really upsetting.i suggest,finding another store,that offers free shipping returns.i felt bad for 2 seconds,then thought to myself,im not the only one who this has happened too

Frequent Contributor
Never heard of such a thing. I think that’s ridiculous if they can limit the amount you buy or return!
Esteemed Contributor

I worked for a short time in retail at Macy's about 10 years ago over the Holidays. I can't tell you how many returns people made - clothes and jewelry that had obviously been worn before. I'm not saying anyone here returns clothes to the Q for this reason, but it does have something to do with the return policies that a lot of companies take.

Many of the return items I saw could not be resold...they end up being a loss, and their insurance does not cover all of it. Even if the items you return have only been tried on, they still need to be repackaged, repriced, and placed back in inventory. One return order isn't bad - but several hundred or thousand per day adds up in the costs that a company has to absorb somehow. Yes, it's a cost of doing business in retail, but there are limits.