Super Contributor
Hi ladiesSmiley Happy Just curious what all the buzz is about with this Roma2 bag?? I know it's the upcoming TSV for Friday but I've never seen a single handbag receive this much attention. Between LR's multiple posts about it every day on FB and QVC's postings about it on FB and now I see they even got the hosts and vendors talking about it too (modeling the bag during fashion shows), I would just like some enlightenment what makes you gravitate towards this bag. It does make one wonder if LR's name wasn't attached to this bag if it would still be as popular? It'll be interesting to see if there will be as many returns on this TSV compared to the last one?
Respected Contributor

Ordered a gazillion of them so they need to move the inventory and make up for the loss of sales on the first one.

No different than any food product coming back new and improved.

Regular Contributor

no it wouldn't and they would not be promoting it as much. I believe they have other host don't they. So why is she continusly on the home page and the second page. enough already

Honored Contributor

I have an ostrich version in my dressing room.

It's a monument to my stupidity - I actually believed her when she said it would get softer and softer with time.

It's stiff, cheap leather and will never look like the original HE version.

I can't believe people are falling for this all over again...it's not a Prada. it's no Gucci - it's cheaply made.

Trusted Contributor

I really only knew about this bag from all the postings on the Forums, like this one. I knew who Lisa Robertson was but I had never visited her Facebook page, her blog or even purchased anything GILI. I hadn't heard about GILI at all until all the discussions about the new ROMA 2 coming up.

I liked the look of the bag, looked at the reviews and Ebay listings, researched the comments about the improvements and decided I wanted one at the presale price.

I don't think my decision had anything to do with LR at all. But if I like the bag I might be interested in more of her things. I think the GILI shoes are cute but they don't come in wides. I don't care for leather jackets and a lot of zippers, nor do I wear dresses so not sure how much in this line I will like. But I think I will like this bag.

KJPA
Valued Contributor

i ordered 2 of the upcoming tsv bags. one in blush and the other in natural.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor
On 5/14/2014 evelomaddict said:

i ordered 2 of the upcoming tsv bags. one in blush and the other in natural.

I am interested to see if the leather is softer this time around...

Will you post a review here? Please?

Respected Contributor

OMG...just took a look at her Facebook(like Luvmycats) and it was hilarious....grown women posting stuff like they are her BFF or something.Some of those are so gushing its almost weird. Someone posted a pic of a dress and asked LR to help accessorize the dress...really.as far as that bag ..it is way overpriced and some have bought every color. Oh well. It like to watch her but it's for a good laugh.

Trusted Contributor

QVC sure promotes her as the fashion/beauty expert and apparently some believe that is true.

Super Contributor
On 5/14/2014 KJPA said:

I don't think my decision had anything to do with LR at all. But if I like the bag I might be interested in more of her things.

I agree with your assessment. Many of the hosts have become vendors of their own products, I'm surprised they all aren't doing so, I sure would if I were in TV sales.

I've been searching for the perfect leather handbag for a good two years - yes I know I'll never find a perfect one, but it's fun trying! Anyway, I passed on the Roma bag for several reasons, no exterior pockets, no option for cross body use, and the reviews about the handles cracking. Then I also read it's a Gucci knockoff, I've passed over real Gucci's already, buying a knockoff would be silly.

So, does anyone know of a good quality extra large leather bag with cross body option, exterior pockets, that performs but doesn't look like a briefcase? I know, I'm dreaming. lol