Super Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOliCs week of December 17

Concerning the Ceremony of the Keys......

I just checked and bookings are sold out till January of 2019!!!!!  It is very popular!!

Respected Contributor

That was one of the things my parents did. They took 3 trips during the 1980's. My brother went with them on their first trip. He was 14 at the time. My mother really enjoyed it. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it remains chilly...the bitter cold comes in tomorrow night. I remember attending a class at the u when I was working on my Ph,d in weather where the windchill was -70. I had to go because it was an all day seminar that could not be missed. I had to walk 3 blocks from where I parked but I was bundled up in a long down coat..layers underneath, hat, scarf etc. what a time.

my dr called yesterday to tell me I am transgusion level anemic again.He wanted me to go to the er, but I told him I was not feeling any effects, so I promised I would go if I started feeling weird. I have an appt with a dr in Az the day after we get back. Yikes.

This is Syds last day of school. She goes back on the 2Nd  so no extended vacation for her.

i booked 2 weeks in Hawaii in September to celebrate our anniversary. We had thought about a cruise but using our timeshare was more cost effective. I think we will fly first class. 

Have a a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPACs week of December 17

Good Morning!  I was already feeling chilly when I read your post, Barbara (it is 27 here), but what can I say about the temperatures there, and that day when it was so far below zero.  Yikes!  Very sorry you have anemia again.  Hope you make it okay at least until you get back to Arizona.  That does seem like a short vacation for Syd.   Seems like they are constantly tinkering with school schedules.  On such a cold day, a trip to Hawaii certainly sounds good.  And, flying First Class must be great.

It was chilly enough that I didn't want to get out of my warm bed, and I'm moving slowly.  But, my plan is to go to the gym relatively early, and then visit DH so I can feed him lunch.  He isn't eating much of his pureed food, but I don't think he is ready for solid food.  I tried giving him tiny pieces of apple pie, but they just stayed in his mouth.  

Hope things are going okay there Claudia, and with you chessielady.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Our school district schedule is the same as Sydnie's, Barbara. Sorry to hear of the anemia. I hope you can avoid the er. Hawaii sounds very nice as does first class.

Linda, I hope your DH does better with his food today. I'm with you - did not want to get out of my warm bed this morning. Miss Boots was settled on my toes so they were warm. With the weather change my leg that has the titanium rod started aching so I got up and moving.

Our temperatures are in the low 30's and it's drizzling. Griffyn has forgiven me- somewhat. He comes over to be patted but no cuddles. I did my errands this morning so that is done. R has been napping . He said he ate quite a bit about 1 am when he found his blood sugar reading was 50. No ordinary measures for him. If I'd been awake I would have had him eat a clementine or drink juice and then retested. He tends to panic especially having gastroparesis besides diabetes.

When I get some quiet time I plan to go back over your posts, chessielady and take notes in case we get back to London.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good morning...Sydnie is baking cookies...we made another batch and she loves to do it. 

I am feeling weird today..so v said that he will do the laundry , syd will toastthe bread for the dressing and m is working on the laundry. I feel like a queen.  Lol.

nothing else to report I will check back later.

Respected Contributor

Hope you feel better as the day goes on, Barbara. Sit back and take care of yourself.

It is showing here. Griff is not feeling well so I'm keeping an eye on him. Hope he doesn't develop bronchitis like last year.

Linda, I saw on f2f our friend Michelle who used to post On the other forum died early this morning. Very sad especially for her family.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Barbara.  I'd sit back and let the family take care of things for a day.  Hopefully, you will feel better later.

I saw that Michelle had passed away, Claudia.  Very sad, especially this time of the year.  I know she was loved by her family and she loved them as well.  While she had been sick for quite a while, I know she fought it to the end.

Sorry Griff isn't feeling well.  Hope you don't get ice along with the snow.  Do be careful.

I am not feeling very well today since this cold has gotten worse, and I took medicine which has made me sleepy.  DH was in pretty good shape today, but they told me he vomited when he got up, and he didn't eat a lot at lunch.  Really hope he can start eating regular food again.  At least he was smiling quite a bit.

Waves to chessielady.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sorry the cold has worsened, Linda. It's good DH was smiling. Like you, I hope his eating improves. Honey helps a sore throat if you have one. I was shocked to read about Michelle. Recently I had received a card and note from her. She had had a hospital stay and rehab last month but was home. It is snowing here. So far there's not much accumulation. Griff is still very quiet. He did have some milk (which he adores) and an egg. R has a bad night and has napped most of the day. Hope you don't get much of the bad weather,chessielady. I think we'll be on the fringe of it.
Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve. I am having a very quiet day..

Linda..hope you start feeling better. I saw a report that influenza is rampant in Az. I also hope Dh is doing better today with his eating.

Claudia..I hope you are having a good day.  

I love Christmas Eve...it is a day of reflection for me. 

My love to you and yours.🎄🎄☃️☃️