Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of July 11

Sorry you are in so much pain, Barbara.  Sounds like your family is finding plenty to do while they are there.  Very hot here, and no rain expected for a while yet.  Good time to stay indoors as much as possible.  I did take an early morning walk, and I'll be leaving for the gym in a little while.

Sounds like a fun trip, Claudia.  I have never been to Iceland, but DH went there with his late wife.  I think they flew Iceland Air.  As I remember the story, they agreed to stay in Iceland since the flight was overbooked, and ended up staying there for several days.  He enjoyed it there.  Glad you are getting rid of some of the things that were torn out in the kitchen, etc.  I have finally cut back on trash -- when I was busy with my de-cluttering/organizing, I had tons of trash and even felt sorry for the trash collectors.

DH did pretty well yesterday and last night, but he did a bunch of tossing and turning.  So, I didn't get as much sleep as I might like.  I'm busy writing a list of questions/issues to discuss with the facility manager tomorrow.  I need a larger piece of paper. LOL  There were only three of us at caregivers meeting, but it was good.  Always nice to share ideas/experiences.

Things seem to be going pretty well with DD and family, but their power went out in the middle of the night.  So, DD ended up running around getting things back on around 4:00 a.m.  Yesterday morning, she had to drive down to Reserves since Army DGS was missing his badges.  Apparently, his brother did the laundry, and did not put them back on his jacket.  If you don't have the badges, you are sent home, and it is a very serious offense.  Fortunately, she made it in time, and he was able to stay.  

Hope both of you have a nice day, and you feel better, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm sorry you have to deal with the pain especially during a family visit. I hope the visit goes well with the brother. What do they plan to do with the rock?

We are signed up for an excursion to the Blue Lagoon. The next day is the Golden Circle.

Linda, I bet middle DGS will be checking his uniform from now on. A good idea to list your questions.

R defrosted the freezer and I need to wipe it down now and put things away. Griff just went into his crate for a nap.

Respected Contributor

Amie and her girls left this morning. V3 will stay until tomorrow.mit has been wonderful to have them all here.

we have a date for our floor installation. On July 25,  it will be a bit of work to clear things out . They will move the big furniture but we have bookcases and a chest that needs to be moved.  I am so achy that it will be not easy to do what I want. If I pace myself I should manage.

tge horrible dance mom is staying on. She is still h##l,bent on her daughter beating Sydnie. I cannot believe it. 

Lunda..yikes about army guy and his badges. Your dd is very good other kids. Hope you get many of your questiosanswered re the memory care placement. That is coming up quickly.

Claudia..I need to defrost the freezer also. That is not going to happen fora while. Poor pepper got very tired of all the extra attention. Today's he is sleeping.

Syd and I go to the Broadway production of the Lion King on Sunday. It should be spectacular.

hope your day is going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had/are having such a nice visit, Barbara.  What a shame about that "dance Mom".  She really needs psychological help in my opinion.  Funny about Pepper -- too much attention is tiring.  Sorry that you are in so much pain -- hope you can move the furniture okay.

Glad things are getting done there, Claudia.  Sounds like a nice trip you have planned.

The hospice nurse was concerned about a couple of DH's toes/toe nails, and suggested that I call the podiatrist.  We have an appointment around noon on Monday -- complicated since he will be at day services, but....  And, my appointment with the care facility will be this afternoon rather than this morning since the director had to go to the hospital with one of the patients.  He wanted to postpone until Monday, but agreed to this afternoon when I objected.  My mind is going wild with so many questions/concerns.

Had a nice time with the caregiver this morning -- she will be going away for two weeks, and I'll be away when she returns.  I will try to go to the facility when she is there, if possible.  Such a nice lady.  Hospice offered to send someone else on Tuesday and Thursday or later in the day Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but I declined the offer.  I can just bathe him the other days.

DH didn't sleep that well last night and wet the bed.  So, I was up washing sheets first thing.  Fortunately the pad under the sheet absorbed the moisture so no need to wash the mattress pad.  He is having such a difficult time with standing up/sitting down, etc.  He really thinks he is standing when he is really sitting or laying down.  He is also very sleepy.  Hope he does okay at day services.

My TSV Fitbit came, and I had some trouble getting it set up, but now it seems to be doing well.  

Hope both of you have a nice afternoon!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Dance Mom staying on? Tell me it's not true. Her poor daughter. Forcing her to do something she doesn't like is awful.

I'm sorry you're having so much pain, Barbara. The wood floors will be very nice.

Linda, I hope you're able to get DH to and from the podiatrist. It sounds like it will be difficult to  say the least. I'm glad you spoke up and were able to get the appointment this afternoon with the care facility.

My allergies are acting up. It probably didn't help going out to the woods with R while he test a muzzleloader. Tomorrow is a graduation party for the son of one of the muzzleloader club members and the son's gfs. R plans to stay there overnight and has a mattress cover for the mouse chewed mattress in the camper. I'" stay a while then get home before dark.

Respected Contributor

We are back to normal.v3 and his kids left around 10. I had to make a grocery store run to replenish milk and juice . Think we will go out to eat tonight...I need a break from cooking..lol.

it was much fun to have everyone here. They are all very well behaved ...mine have done a good job of parenting.

v was pretty sad after seeing his brother.,He (bil).. Has always been a not nice person to family.,his attitude is awful.,I would hope not to live the end of my life like that.

Linda..I read on the other thread that you got your questions answered  I hope that put your mind to rest. 

Claudia..hope your allergies are better. Sydnie is having a time With itchy eyes and sneezing .

syd is helping to clean out a cabinet. I have a lot of CDs and tapes that I will put in the garage sale. 

I will be back

Esteemed Contributor

Glad it was such a nice visit with the grands and kids, Barbara.  I think you deserve some time-off from cooking.  I seem to be getting lazier and lazier about cooking, but going out to eat is very difficult for DH.  I found some corn on sale yesterday, so we had it last night.  I cut his corn off the cob, and that worked well.  I was going to have chicken, but ended up with leftover quiche.  Sorry about V's brother.  I'm hoping not to be a grumpy/nasty old/dying person.  It is pretty bad/sad when that happens.

Hope your allergies aren't too bad today, Claudia.  Don't blame you for not wanting to spend the night in the camper.

I had a very good visit with the facility manager yesterday, and he answered all my questions.  He even showed me DH's room for when he goes to respite care.  And, he thought the room next door might be good for a permanent stay when/if that happens.  He is such an understanding and kind person -- they are lucky to have him there.  I think he is from MN by the way.  

DH had a pretty good night, and according to my fitbit, I slept 6 hours and 10 minutes with 11 restless periods and one time of getting up.  Sounds about right.  I would like to sleep a bit longer/better, but who knows if I will succeed.  The hospice volunteer called around 6:30 to say that she was sick (perhaps food poisoning) and could not come today.  If she is better, she will come tomorrow.  So, I got off to a late start on my walk -- hot already.  We may get some rain tomorrow, and we sure need the rain.

DH's DIL and grandson are in Ankara (Turkey), and she was posting some pretty upsetting messages on FB, but she said things are okay today.  I can't imagine bombs going off, jets flying very close, etc.  I think that they are staying with her Mother, and I remember their condo being out from the city center, but.....

I'm having all sorts of fun learning the new fitbit -- good distraction from other things.

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda...I had wondered about dhs dil...that would be very scary. Holland America..the cruise line we use, canceled all of their stops in Istanbul a while ago. 

I am am glad you got your questions answered.  I think you will find some personal peace, once he is placed.  The memory care place sound excellent.  Sorry your caregiver could not come this morning. 

Syd is is being a great help in cleaning out cabinets in the family room. I am playing some Bach and Beethoven CDs for her while se helps. She is saving me from a lot of pain. Love that girl.

i am glad that you are enjoying your Fitbit. Syd has one and usually does 20000 steps day.

enjoy

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm very happy to hear DH's dil and gs are safe. They were the first thing I thought of when I heard about the uprising. What a shame the caregiver was sick. I hope she is better tomorrow. The memory care place sounds excellent. It will give you peace of mind and quality time with your DH.

R is staying in the camper at the range and coming home tomorrow morning. I stayed at the graduation party through the afternoon then mowed once I got home.

Sydnie is a wonderful helper, Barbara. The talk of cabinets reminded me I need to go through the cabinet that was above the dishwasher. I hope to get rid of half the things in it. That won't be tonight though.