Respected Contributor

G.I.L.I. Twill Jacket with Perforated Faux Leather Details

So I rarely, if ever, purchase clothing from QVC.  I saw this jacket and after looking at the crazy sizing chart and going by the sizes the host and vendor state they were wearing, I decided to go with a size 6.  When I received it the fit was OK but if I were to wear it with a shirt under it I feel it was too snug, so I went up a size and ordered an 8.  Rcvd it yesterday and the fit is exactly the same.  I even measured the garment and there was no difference.  It's crazy.  I don't know if I should return both and try for a 10 or just forget it all together and return both. 

And this is why I don't order clothing.  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@sparklestar

If both the jackets measure the same then the fit is off and who knows if the 10 would fit or not. You've likely just experienced the sizing switcharoo that clothing manufacturers do to unsuspecting clients and customers: QVC ordered a certain amount of clothing in each size but the manufacturer didn't have the correct number so they took garments from the size above and the size below and sewed in the label size that they needed. Voila! Now there's enough garments even if the real size is off.

I just experienced this in a bricks and mortar store as I tried on 2  Nygard tunics, one in a large and one in a large petite and both were exactly the same size and length. They had sewn in labels so one of them had to be incorrect -- but which one? Who knows? Not me!

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

@sparklestar

If both the jackets measure the same then the fit is off and who knows if the 10 would fit or not. You've likely just experienced the sizing switcharoo that clothing manufacturers do to unsuspecting clients and customers: QVC ordered a certain amount of clothing in each size but the manufacturer didn't have the correct number so they took garments from the size above and the size below and sewed in the label size that they needed. Voila! Now there's enough garments even if the real size is off.

I just experienced this in a bricks and mortar store as I tried on 2  Nygard tunics, one in a large and one in a large petite and both were exactly the same size and length. They had sewn in labels so one of them had to be incorrect -- but which one? Who knows? Not me!

I would have never guessed that this kind of thing happens.  I'm shocked but it does sound like a valid explanation.  Wow.  I've been had.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar, I "feel your pain", as it is said.  Some of the sizing isn't consistant from one item to the rest.

I didn't get the javket you mentioned but did have great results with this leather one which is a stunner!

A273618

G.I.L.I. Stripped Leather Jacket with Ponte Panels - A273618