Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of February 2nd

Sorry you had to deal with the nasty snow storm and bad roads, Claudia.  Thank goodness you made it to R's appointment and back okay.  That is sad news about the trooper.  

Hope V is improving Barbara, and you got a little rest.

It has been a lovely day.  I went grocery shopping and then went out to the Post Office to mail a Valentine's Day card (great minds think alike, Claudia), and then took a walk on a trail I had not been on before.  Really nice, and I also had a little time in the garden club garden.  It was crowded with dog walkers, photographers, bird watchers. etc.  Fortunately, I was able to find a place to park.

Came home and sprayed the weeds.  

My SIL e-mailed me yesterday that she is afraid she will be fired.  She did something they didn't like at work (I'm not clear, but it certainly doesn't seem like something that would result in firing), and was sent home pending an investigation.  She said she would go to an employment agency today.  Really hope she doesn't lose her job or gets a new one.  I don't think she gets enough Social Security, etc. to make it financially.

Hope both of you are able to get some rest tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is lovely here -- sunny and in the 70's at the moment.  It started out cool (30's), but sunny.

I pulled weeds before lunch and went for a walk after lunch.  Laundry is drying, and I have my papers ready for my weekly financial review.  I think that I have all but one statement for my taxes, but they said their forms won't be ready until February 28th.  Still don't think I'll owe for Federal taxes, but I'm not sure.  I'd be happy to get a refund, especially if I don't owe much State tax.  DGS' wedding will be an extra (not budgeted) expense.  Still extremely happy about him getting married, and glad that I should be able to attend the wedding.  It is only money as they say.

My friend with the eye issues (conjunctivitis, etc.) is still suffering.  She was getting better (using antibiotics prescribed by her eye doctor), and then had a setback after getting her second shingles vaccine.  

Hope V is doing okay, Barbara.  Also hope you are getting a little rest.

Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.

DD took their puppy to the vet, and all is well -- he has gained 1/4 of a pound.  What a tiny guy.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We had more snow overnight. Luckily R was a bit to use the snowblower and I just did the porch, steps, and car.

Next week there is a lifeline of the FL officer's funeral so it will be open to the public at the hs auditorium.

I was shocked this morning to read the clerical partner I was closest to lost her husband on Thursday. Her first husband died probably 10 years ago and she had remarried a couple years ago to a classmate of R. Calling hours are tomorrow so I will go.

Today's good news is a former classmate of mine seems to be recovering. People weren't sure she'd make it but there's been an improvement. Last Friday she was fine, the next day she was admitted then transferred to the bigger hospital 60 miles away and placed in a medically induced coma. Scary to say the least.

Our weather only reached the low 30's. Fire engines were at our local Burger King and then a short distance away at Sheetz. From what I've seen online apparently there was a fire in the vents. That along with power outages in the area kept things busy.

I haven't started looking at the tax forms yet, Linda. I will have to do so this coming week. I'm very happy you'll be able to attend your grandson's wedding. 

Barbara, I hope you and V are doing ok. He's not allowed to scare you like that again.