Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 12

Beautiful flowers, Linda. How thoughtful of DH's daughter. It sounds like the next book for your book club will be more to your liking.

From now on I will have R use his insulin over the bed or take a backup. At least it did not shatter.

Barbara. It is so hard to have things up in the air job wise. I hope M has the interview soon.

I did bring back goodies from the lagoon and picked up a few more at the duty free shop at the airport.. r was anxious over being on time for the bus back to town and insisted we walk down over an hour early instead of eating at the cafe.

Esteemed Contributor

Another busy day for you, Barbara.  Glad you are surrounded by flowers.  DH never wanted to buy cut flowers, which made me sad.  I did buy some for myself in the past, but it was certainly nice to receive these from DH's daughter.  Very kind of her.

Sorry M still has to wait to hear about the job.  I guess if it is a good one, the wait will be worth it.

Glad I haven't had to deal with insulin.  I know I would be breaking the bottle often since I'm pretty clumsy.

I will have to look up the things you buy at the Blue Lagoon.  Of course, having them sent here will probably make them quite expensive.

DH was in his wheelchair again when I visited earlier, but the hospice caregiver said he did stand up to get into the shower chair, and he was doing well.  He continues to be happy, which makes me happy.

Guess I better get ready to return and feed him dinner.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  I made a mistake when I visited DH the second time.  He was sitting in his chair in his room -- no wheelchair.  I asked if he wanted to stand up and walk, and he said yes.  By the time we reached the living room.  I knew I was in trouble.  I could not get a chair in time, and he fell to the floor -- no injury, and he didn't look that upset.  But, I was pretty upset.  Three caregivers were there, and they had him up and into a chair by the time I returned with the wheelchair.  That was a close one, so I was thankful that they were able to get him off the floor.  Dinner went fine, and we talked to his DD as well.  When I left, he was still sitting in the dining room chair, but the wheelchair was there for them to take him back into his room.  I guess I just have to face the idea that he cannot walk much any longer.  This makes me sad, of course.

I have a caregivers meeting today, and I will need to leave quite early to make it to my British history class.  By bookclub book arrived from Amazon yesterday, and I am enjoying it already.  Thank goodness we decided on a book I am enjoying.  Not that I normally dislike the book we select, but it is so difficult for me when we do.  I may try to go to the gym this morning, depending on how long it takes me to get ready.

Hope both of you are feeling okay, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I checked out the estate sale this morning but the end tables were priced too high and they were a lighter oak than the tv and computer armoires.

How scary to know DH was not going to get to a chair in time. I'm glad a number of staff were on hand to help him back up and into a chair, Linda. Also glad he wasn't hurt or upset.

We are still coughing and hacking g away here R in particular. He wants to go with his buddy to a Saturday shoot but I'm not sure that's a good idea. However that's never stopped him.

I'm glad you're enjoying the book. Books are very important in Iceland and usually exchanged at Christmastime.

Respected Contributor

We played bridge this morning...then I ran to the store to get food for the weekend. I am going to lay low this afternoon..my joints are burning and I have a long choir practice tonight. 

No no news for m yet...Hope it comes soon.

Linda...it was good there were people to help dh. I am sorry that he cannot walk anymore...I understand how said that would be. I have a friend who is interested in attending Olli classes with e next year. 

Claudia..I have found mucin ex is very good for coughs. Hope you feel better soon. Sorry the sale did not work out for you.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

Yes, mucinex is a help. So many people seem to have this cold.

Barbara, that would be nice if you and your friend could attend the Olli classes.

I bet M is tired of having things up in the air. I hope she hears something soon and it's what she wants.

Respected Contributor

We are expecting a pretty rainy weekend. We have nothing planned so it will not bother me.

m talked to the recruiter this morning and the paperwork has not been processed, thus the hold up. She may get a offer from her current position. She is pretty calm about it all.

My body continues not to cooperate..I had a massage this morning and I have a pedicure in a little bit. Yes, I am pampering myself.😍

This is is short but my life is  pretty non interesting.

Hope you have a good day.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Mine too, Barbara.

R managed to get into the VA clinic this morning and got a z pack and other med plus got told to use his inhaler. He has it for a reason. He's determined to go to a yearly shoot tomorrow.

I'm glad M is managing to be pretty calm.

Esteemed Contributor

It would be great if you could take some OLLI courses with your friend, Barbara.  I know when we only had one car (and two drivers), I carpooled a lot.  Glad M is calm, but I hope she hears about a job soon.  Sorry you aren't feeling that great.  Our weather is supposed to be rainy and cool this weekend, and it is pretty windy today.

Sorry you didn't care for the estate sale items, Claudia.  Glad R got some medication and advice, but I hope he doesn't make things worse by going to the shoot.

The hospice nurse could not make it yesterday, but came this morning.  She told me not to try to get DH up or walk with him.  I had already decided that was the way to go, but..... 

I will go back to feed DH dinner in a while.  Nothing exciting planned for the weekend.  I'm having some aches and pains (left foot, left knee, etc.)  I think I have just been overdoing things.  So, I will cut back on the walking today, and maybe do some stretching instead.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is cool, windy and rainy. I had rehearsal all morning...stopped and picked p some broccoli cheese soup on the way home. I have chili in the crockpot for dinner. V is off getting new tires for his car.

i may turn on the heat or grab a sweater...

Linda..sorry you are hurting...maybe a day or 2 of rest would help.. Hope dh is well today...

i head back ontuesday...syd is missing me or so she tells me.

Claudia..if r goes to the shoot hope he does not get sicker. There was beautiful Newfie and Great Pyrenees at the Westminster show. 

Have ve a great day.