Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS ---Week of December 29

Good Evening!  I don't know why I didn't think about New Year's Resolutions, Claudia.  It is an issue every year at the gym, and the exercise classes this morning were also very crowded.  I know the gym and classes will be less crowded in May or June, maybe sooner.

Interesting about your sister, Claudia.  DGD is having a CT scan to determine if that is what she has.  Depending on what they find, insurance may pay for hearing aids.  Hope you are able to take a trip next Christmas.  Also hope your remodeling goes well, and R is okay at hunting camp.  Good luck with the cats.

My dogs were always very good at getting out of things like sweaters, etc., Barbara.  I think I tried a harness once, but it was hopeless.  I hope you are able to get one for Pepper that works.  It is a bit warmer here as well, but was very chilly this morning.  Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer still, which I appreciate.

Like you, I have been very busy today, but not accomplished much, Barbara.  I did get groceries, gasoline, and money from the ATM as well as going to my exercise classes, the Post Office, and the library to return a DVD.  I really enjoyed "The Art of Racing in the Rain" -- I had read the book, and have always had a "thing" for Ferrari, but the dog was so wonderful.  .

I was very pleased to receive a new cookie press from OXO. I didn't think it would be nearly this easy, since I didn't try it for nearly a year after ordering it from Amazon.  They didn't even ask me to send back the defective one.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it has been a rough day for me..I did manage to go out and got my hair trimmed. Sydnie spent 3 hours getting hair cut ..her hairdresser said he has never seen anyone with as much hair as has. M is going to have to bring her in more often than once a year..lol.

V has Ben very helpful today. Hope I feel much better after my infusions.

hope your day is going well 😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are not feeling well at all, Barbara.  Hope your infusion is soon and helps a lot.  That is something about Syd's hair.  My DGD had very long hair for years -- not cut and grew down to her waist.  Now, she goes to the hairdresser fairly often -- still long hair, but not nearly as long.

It is warmer here this afternoon, but it is still chilly in the house.  

Laundry is started, and I am back from my hospice visit.  My patient was okay, and I was amazed to see the flowers I brought her were still fine.  Next weekend, her son is going to CA, and she will be in the nursing home for a few days.  Fortunately, I can visit her there.

Hope you are doing okay today, Claudia, and both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, it's good you can visit your hospice patient at the nursing home while her son is out of town. That's amazing about the flowers.

Try to rest as much as possible, Barbara. I hope you feel better after your upcoming infusion. It makes for difficult days when you don't feel well. I'm way overdue for a hair trim but it's just going to have to wait till the bathroom is done.

I just finished filling the dog food containers to take to the kennel tomorrow. All the extras are out of the bathroom except what I need tonight and tomorrow morning. I stashed the corner hutch and the hamper in R's upstairs workroom along with a plastic 3 drawer unit. I also moved things on the sunporch to make it easier to bring things in and take things out. Cat food and litter boxes are moved out of the upstairs hall. Too bad I don't get a vacation after all this. Vacuuming will be after the dogs go to kennel.

We  got the bill for the sewer line problem. $175 and change. Whew. Not bad at all.