Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS ---Week of December 29

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Our weather continues to be colder than usual.  Very cold (26) when I got up, but is 49 degrees now.  I wore one of my warmer coats to church this morning, so I was okay.

Hope your real estate agent didn't have problems with the ice, Barbara.  That is funny about the cleaning.  I'm sure I would do the same.  Hope you are feeling okay today, and your weather is a bit better.  Did you like the agent?  Any decisions yet?

Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  

I've been to the gym, but I haven't made too much progress.  Still need to do my ironing plus some cooking -- I make a vegetable mixture that lasts for many days (eggplant, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc.)

Starting to do a little more research on the antenna rather than cable TV idea.  There are many options, including Hulu plus, Sling, etc., etc. that enable you to get more channels than you can get with the antenna.  The Hulu one looks pricey to me (almost $55 a month), and I really don't want to spend that much.  The Sling is less expensive, but you get less channels.  But, I think that I would be able to get my HGTV back, and perhaps some other channels that I am missing.  Pretty complicated.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS ---Week of December 29

It's a bit of a rainy day here with fog. I hope it's not real foggy when we head out to the VA tomorrow morning. R slept most of the day.

I picked Griffyn's prescription refill up and did some chores around the house. There's a few more things I need to get done upstairs. It's been a low key day.

Barbara, I think this may be the day you head back to AZ. If so I hope you had a good flight.

Respected Contributor

We are back in somewhat warmer Az. The airport was horrible...because so many flights had been canceled on Saturday due to weather, there was a horde to rebook, they were all in the same line whe pets have to checked in. I have difficulty standing for extended periods, so I asked for a wheel chair. I mentioned to the agent that I had priority status and she pulled us out of line and got pepper checked through. It took us 2 hours to get to he gate arghhhh.

And the. Our friend who was picking us up couldn't figure out how to get to the arrivals door, so that was more time.  Lol...so I sent v to pick up our grocery order because I need to rest.

we decided to go with tye agent we met with on Saturday...she appears tobe a real go getter . M really liked her. She wants to get the house on the market ASAP but there are a number of cosmetic fixes and a lot of stuff to dispose of...

pepper is such a good dog..she was an excellent traveler yesterday.

Enjoy your day.😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a difficult trip you had, Barbara.  Glad you finally made it back to Arizona, and V will get the groceries.  Good that  you decided on a real estate agent.  The lady in my strong bones class who is moving to a very small townhouse/casita. is supposed to have her "old" house on the market tomorrow.  Originally, it was supposed to be December 12th.  Lots of hang-ups, the latest being the photographer was out-of-town and could not take pictures of her house.  Anyway, she is glad she has a new place to move, and plans to move things bit-by-bit until the house is sold.  She is not moving much, but.....  I know the renovations and cleaning out efforts have taken her many months.  

Hope your VA trip went okay today, Claudia.

Strong bones was good -- we had six people which is the most we have had at the new location.  Then, I went to the dermatologist who froze a spot on my cheek and recommended a sunscreen since I have had problems with redness/irritation from the ones I have been using.  This one is supposed to be sold by plastic surgeons, but he doesn't sell it.  Fortunately, Amazon does.  Not inexpensive, but worth a try.

I went ahead and ordered an antenna in hopes that I can use it and streaming rather than the cable TV.  I will be keeping cable internet, just getting rid of cable TV.  DD and I discussed the idea since she did this a while ago.  She is happy with Sling.  The antenna did not work for her, but I thought I would try it as well.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. It is warmer here today (30 when I got up), and it should make it up into the 50's.  Warmer than MN, I guess, but  too cold for me.

Respected Contributor

We're back from the VA trip. It has rained most of the day. The temperature dropped from the low 50's to almost 40°. Tomorrow is R 's last pt session.

What a wait and trip you had, Barbara. V getting groceries was a help. Also glad both you and M like the real estate agent.

Linda, I hope youngest grandson enjoys his birthday. Your weather is chilly.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year's Eve. We are having 5 friends over to celebrate tonight. Everyone is bringing a couple of appetizers . I am making meatballs and a veggie tray. I am sure that we will play several different types of card games. The party at our clubhouse was charming over $100 per couple.yikes.

Linda..happy birthday to youngest dgs...Hope your transition to no cable goes well. I have read that the streaming services are going to eventually charge as much as cable and satellite. We get very poor antenna coverage so we decided to stick with satellite..we have the cheapest package. Are you having a special New Year's Eve lunch at your volunteer dining?

claudia..I am sure you will be happy when all of rs therapy is complete. That is a lot of traveling. 

pepper is doing well..Sydnie is working to see how many steps she gets. I told m to get her to eat more because she is 100 lbs at 5.7. 

enjoy your day. 🎉🎉

Respected Contributor

We are not doing anything. R had his last pt this morning. He isn't feeling well. When I took him to pt he had reflux problems despite his prescription meds. I had to pick up some Gas-X. Now he feels like his bones are cracking and asked me to turn the heat up.

He's planning though to go to hunting camp Friday. We'll see.

enjoy your celebration, Barbara. I'm glad Pepper is doing well and hope M gets Sydnie to eat more.

Linda, I hope your day has been good.

We've had some snow squalls here. At least I was done with my errands by the time they started.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy New Year!  Hope you have a fun celebration tonight, Barbara.  The clubhouse party must be very nice to charge that much, but I would not want to pay it.  Hope Syd puts on some weight.  I was only 5'4", and I remember the doctor telling me that it would be good if I could get up to 100 pounds.  That finally happened when I was about 40.  Of course, I was heavier when I was pregnant, but lost the weight quickly.  

DD told me that she pays quite a bit for the streaming service she has, but I don't think I will want as many "extras" as they have -- many extra sports channels.  And, what really gets me angry is that I don't get many channels that I want -- like HGTV or ESPN, and still pay quite a bit.  I made the mistake of getting an HD box for the larger TV, and they charge quite a bit for it.  When I asked to go to the smaller box like I have in the bedroom, they said I would need to take it up to an office in Tucson -- not an area I know, and I would not have saved that much.   Anyway, I will see how the antenna goes, and then think about the streaming service.  Worse comes to worse, I will need to make the drive and downsize the service.  

Sorry R isn't feeling well, Claudia.  I guess it is good the PT is over so you don't need to make those drives.

We did have a special celebration at the senior lunch program, and it was pretty wild.  I think everyone enjoyed it, but my buddy and I were busy bees.  Then, I went to the gym.  DH's son called to thank me for my card and check and wish me a Happy New Year.  That was nice.

No celebration planned for tonight.  I am hoping to take down most of the Christmas decorations tomorrow.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.  Happy New Year!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

The pt fortunately is local. The same place I had pt. Most of R's other appointments are at the VA medical center - a 60+ mile drive. I was pleased to find eye appointments are now at the local clinic. I sure wish his dental was local.

Your lunch program sounds pretty wild.

I hope to be sleeping well before midnight.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I misunderstood.  It would be nice to have only local appointments.  That is my goal for sure.  That is one of the reasons I was so thrilled to have a new vein doctor who did the procedure right in his clinic.  So much better than having to go to the hospital and have anesthesia.