Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN 4)

Good morning, shoppiing friends. I didn't sleep well last night, so I got up at 5am to start working on the kitchen to see what could be accomplished. I'm not big on cooking as I specialize in simple meals for one now. As a result, I need to thin out some of those marvelous cooking items.

I did catch a presentation in which a mascara was touted for its lash enhancing. Before the model started to apply it, she turned sideways. I have never seen anyone with natural lashes that long. Yes, mascara applied to those lashes would make them curl upwards. I just wondered if false lashes were being worn as they were so long. Perhaps I am just used to people with short lashes.

I got a copy of one of those FB photo albums made from the pics you select from what you post on FB. This is the second year I got one, so year 2019 was well planned. Of course, the Australia trip photos were included. I am very happy with this book. There are even  some pics of me in the hospital, and other pics to represent things throughout the year. Yes, I'll be planning one for 2020 as it might be the last year of adventurous travel. It does take time to go through and select photos and edit the book before ordering but the end result is worth it.

One of my goals for the year is to get in 5 days of exercise of at least 30 minutes each or total of 150 minutes a week suggested by the cardiologist. Today is Day 5, so I need to get to it before I lose the motivation.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, JAN 4)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you didn't sleep well last night.  Good idea to go through kitchen items.  I could go through many parts of the house, but I'm not as motivated as I should be despite many excellent articles and examples of what you can do to de-clutter your life.

I didn't see the mascara demonstration, but I did see several before and after pictures of the TSV.  What I noticed is that in the before pictures, the models didn't have eye make-up or lipstick, and that made a lot of difference.  I have not tried IT products yet, and I doubt that I will be ordering the TSV.  The sunscreen recommended by the dermatologist is quite expensive plus I have bought some pricey moisturizers lately since my skin feels dry.   I have a monthly budget allocation for toiletries/cosmetics, and that is already taking a hit this month.

Glad you liked your FB albums.  I was not impressed by the one they did for me, but I know that I fail to post many pictures, etc.  I have been thinking about doing a Shutterfly photo book for my trip to Italy, but have not gotten myself together yet.

Good job on your commitment to exercise.  I know that even a small gap due to illness, etc., can set me back (need to use lower weights, be less vigorous on the machines, etc.), but I am determined to do the best I can.  Going to the gym is good and bad for motivation -- some people older than me are amazingly fit/strong, and I tend to beat myself up for not being as fit.  On the other hand, it motivates me to try harder.  

It was in the 30's when I got up, but should make it to the upper 60's today.  I will be doing laundry, my weekly financial review, and have a hospice visit planned.  I have much more to do, but I am trying to be realistic about what I can accomplish in a day.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I understand that if I "cut the cord" (may or may not happen), that I may not be able to watch the Q on my TV.  If true, I will be interested to see if that affects my "wanty" and spending.  So many things look great when they are presented, but reviews reveal that they are not so great for many.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Well, it's another rainy day with cool temps. The ground is like a wet spongs. UGH!!!  Snow is suppose to arrive tonight. Fingers crossed... We are starting our tear down of the Christmas decorations and trees. Yesterday we disassembled the sleight and reigndeer in the back yard. It's all in pieces drying in the garage along with B.L. garland that I use as reigns.  Today is tree day. I just want to get them out of the stands and put away in their bags. Tomorrow I will start on all the packing of ornametns and extra items. At least, that's my plan. 

I wasn't tempted by anything in today's AM Style so I'm off to a decent start to my 2020 budget. I received the TSV Rachael Hollis tops two weeks ago. I liked the fabric and the patterns (different for me since I prefer solids) but the sizing was off. I know they were presented as oversized which is what peaked my attention. I think I could go down a size but I'm not sure if that would actually help. I'm going to keep them and where them as pj tops to my Anybody satin joggers. They are my newest find for comfy sleepwear that works with my hot/cold flashes.

The Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus (VPH) that I ordered from one of the Countdown days is now missing a mate. I was walking thru the kitchen last night and my sweater caught his boot and he crashed down to the tile floor. He shattered like glass and had shards everywhere. Honestly, I waited years to find the Santa couple and decided that this year I was going to treat myself. Oh well, Mrs Claus survived and that seems to be the onc that sells out first all the time. I still don't know how it happened. I walk thru that doorway every night to get my tea. Dumb stuff is upsetting but it happens. 

I was inspired by your fitness routines and thought that I would drag out some of my smaller pieces of equpment and starat using it again. I'm not going to wait until I have my DIY project completed. Baby steps.....LOL but all steps count. Thanks for reminding me that it does help.

Hope you all have a good afernoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I think it would be great to have an album of your trip. I know many just like to save them online but there is something about a prepared albumn that you can hold and peruse to relive memories. It is hard to put in words but it feels more real as if I am reliving the experience more than just looking at a digital pic. You are likely more fit than many of us but when you go to the gym, you should focus upon your progress. Comparing yourself to others is natural but they are not us with our individual histories.

Fressa--I am so sorry that you dropped the Santa and broke it after wanting the set for so long. It is good that you like the new line you tried despite it being oversized, but it will be tempting to try more of that line. I know that when I find something that exceeds my expectations, I want to try more but patience is important when dealing with the budget. Sizing is an issue with clothing lines everywhere as the cut isn't always identical. When it comes to exercise, baby steps are important if you have not exercised. If you are motiivated now, then this is the time to begin.

I will be meeting my niece for lunch tomorrow in the city. At that time, I will give her a copy of the album which includes many pics of the Australia trip. We are keeping on top of what is transpiring there as we return June 30. She wanted to make a return trip while she was able as she has some health issues and didn't want to wait. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I got 5 days of exercise in this week. According to the FitBit, I got in 3 hr and 40 minutes this week and today the equivalent of 6299 steps. Of the 60 minutes of exercise today, 41 minutes was in the cardio zone and 6 minutes in the higher peak zone.