Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of August 18

I'm sorry to hear  about Jean, Linda. I hope that whatever the cause she heals quickly.

I can't imagine hiking in those very hot temperatures. It's just too dangerous.

I'm glad you're able to have your hospice visit tomorrow.

We're having seafood macaroni and cheese for supper. R will probably have a salad too.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it is another nice, cool day. Today is carpet cleaning day..😜😜

V went to visit his oldest brother yesterday and found him in a bad situation. He said that he smelled fecal mater as soon as he walked and his brother apparently was sitting in a mess. His wife seemed oblivious to it and she knew he was coming. His brother was very disheveled..long hair, beard and was pretty much out of it.I asked v if he and the brother said anything to his wife and of course, they didn’t. She is bizarre..is a hoarder and has the mattress her mom and dad died on. Plus all of their clothes. So she has some issues..2nd wife and younger by 15 years.

i was so upset..his family is a no action kind of people because they do not want to “hurt anyones feelings “. I cosider this elder neglect and told v he needs to call my niece in Ohio. Which he said he is going to do..

Thiis is so sad

and I do not think his daughter cares either...v is talking to her right now and she says there is nothing to do because her dad is so stubborn.

We just talked to my niece and she is most unwilling to do anything. Very sad.

Linda..I wonder  what happened tomJean..hopefully we will find out soon. Hope your day is going well.

Claudia..hope your day is good also.

Enjoy🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

That is certainly a sad situation with V's brother, Barbara.  There was a rather long article in the local paper about a terrible situation -- lots of denials and very stubborn people.  The neighbors tried to get them some help and provide help, but no dice.  And, the authorities were unable to do anything.  Long story short, the disabled son died and both parents ended up in facilities.  There was trash/filth all over plus bugs, etc.  It was so bad the house was condemned and may be torn down.  And, this was not in a poor area at all.

I think it is too easy for people to give up and say that the person is stubborn.  But, I can understand why they think that way, especially if they are dealing with their own problems.  Very sorry things are so bad for V's brother.  Wonder if anything could be done by calling the local authorities?

It isn't as hot today, which is good.  I'm just doing my regular chores and looking forward to the hospice visit this afternoon.  I do hope to learn more about what happened to Jean, but not sure when we will hear anything.

Very happy to report that I figured out how to back-up my computer (the new external hard drive arrived yesterday afternoon.)  

Hope all is going okay there, Claudia.  Glad your weather is nice, Barbara.  Enjoy your clean carpets.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1 I'm so very sorry that V's brother is in this kind of shape.  I'm even sorrier that the man's daughter took the easy way out with 'he's so stubborn'. 

My dad could be a real hard head.  He hid that his legs were swelling (congestive heart failure) under slacks.  My sister offered to wash his feet one Sunday evening and grabbed his pant leg, saw the swelling and said we have to go to the hospital, how long has this been going on?  My sister ran day in and out for both parents.  Dad said, I'm not going to the hospital.  My sister didn't want to agitate him further, so she washed his feet, went home (down the street) and called me Woman Happy

I called my father and said, so I heard about the legs.  He said it's nothing and I said be clean dressed and ready by no later than 9:30 tomorrow morning.  I'm taking you to the hospital and that's how this is going.    

The next morning he was ready and waiting for me.  He didn't like it one iota but he was dressed and ready.

As a daughter, I can't imagine knowing something is wrong and doing nothing about it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bernie...I so agree with you....but this family was raised with do not hurt anyone’s feelings attitude.  Not me...I am very assertive

so I told my Dh...as did my daughter to call his other 2 brothers and get them to agree to call social services in my bios county early next week.  If he does not, I will. 

Thanks for your thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Another sunny day in the 70's. Mowing was almost pleasant. Griffyn is feeling better and I don't have to constantly remind him to "leave the tail alone".

I definitely agree something needs done about your bil, Barbara.  At least once I told dad he could go in his PJ's or get dressed but one way or the other he was going.

Linda, I hope this afternoon's visit went well. I'd be at a loss as far as backing up my computer. It's a good thing your grandchildren are so knowledgeable.

R has a shoot tomorrow. Today he test fired at the range. I went with him as he was tired and and I didn't want him driving both ways. He also got the generator out of the camper. He has talked of selling it. I think though the best choice is to have the son of a friend haul it away. He never should have left it up there at the range year round but didn't want to pay to store it in the winter. It was an older used pop-up to begin with and he and his buddies used it a few times for rendezvous. At this point it would cost more than It's worth to try to fix it up. I think he's finally realizing that.

Tippy is not pleased that she's in the house and R is working in the garage.