Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of August 18

Good Morning!  Fortunately, I was able to take my walk when it wasn't too hot this morning (early), but we are headed for another hot, dry day with predictions of extreme heat on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Oh well.....  I think I may be suffering from allergies since my nose has been running a lot.  I took an allergy pill (OTC) yesterday night, and I am much better.  I also slept much better than the night before.

That is pretty weird about the attic window, Claudia.  Thank goodness you and R were able to do something right away, but.....  At least you found some things in the attic that could be donated.  Jo Ann called me yesterday evening to say that she spent much of the day in the garage finding things that could go.  She found that the thrift shop welcomed things like lumber purchased, but never used.  Then, she decided to donate some tile.  I suggested she enlist the help of her neighbor to get them into the car since they are heavy.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay.  I saw a news segment about a lady who had adopted a very overweight dog (beagle or dachshund?) and had spent a year getting the dog to lose a lot of weight and get into better shape.  It was important to not rush things.  I found it very interesting.

Also hope you and your family are doing well, Barbara.  And, your friend's family is doing okay.  I got a very nice e-mail from one of DH's friends who lives in England on the anniversary of his death.  I've never met her or her  husband, but they were fond of DH, and have kept up with us over the years.  That was a very nice surprise.

Nothing exciting planned for the day.  Hope both of you have a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of August 18

Good afternoon..we had a lot of rain overnight...so today is quite nice with autumnal temps.it is quite different from what you. Are experiencing in Az.

Nothing on the agenda today....I did finishin cleaning the sun room..

v vacuumed but missed a few spots. I am going to sell somecsterling that belonged to my mom...no one wants it and some jewelry (gold). That I will never wear again.  Whether I sell or not will be contingent on what I am offered.

Linda..I am going to talk to my friend tomorrow...she sang at church this morning, which I found amazing. As I mentioned, you are having some high temps. That was nice of dgs friend to email you. 

Claudia..yikes about that glass falling out of the window. That is cute about your dogs playing together. Pepperdid several laps in the house this morning,

i am am so tired of cooking..

need to come up with something for dinner.

enjoy😎😎

Respected Contributor

It was a hot day here but we had a thunderstorm earlier. R had the garage picked up and a number of things sorted. I wish the house was. I have a number of things loaded to donate.

How nice to get that email, Linda. I'm glad the allergy pill helped.

That attic window faces south. I'm just glad the car was not parked underneath when the glass panel fell. Oddly it was mostly intact.

Tippy has been strolling about the downstairs looking for trouble.

I'm glad you're enjoying some nice weather, Barbara. I need to take some time and sort through my jewelry. I tell myself that one of these days Tippy won't need constant supervision.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am recovering from my traumatic morning. The place where I was going to sell the jewelry no longer exists, so I decided to pick up a few groceries. My car key is not working, so I had to put my purse on top to figure out the little key inside.  I drove off to get gas at thexststion associated with the store and discovered my wallet was missing. PANIC!!!!

I returned to the store to see opinion anyonefound it...no luck so I went back to the car. A man told me that a lady had found it on top of the car and was going to turn it in. So I rushed back in...no wallet. Now I am in a real PANziC.

more to follow

Respected Contributor

Had to do something...

back to the saga..

I called the police because they could then look at the videos . While I was waiting at the service counter, a woman approached me with my wallet in her hand. I thanked her profusely. There are good people in the world.

And that is my story...I am decompressing for the rest of the day.

🤩🤩🤩

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a scare, Barbara. However it ended well. Mother was well known for but her purse and other items on the car door and driving off. The new electric blanket was never turned in.

I think you deserve to put your feet up for the rest of the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Yikes, just lost my post.  Sorry about the trauma, Barbara.  But, I'm very happy you got your wallet back.  I don't understand about the car key -- is this an extra key?

Hope all is going okay for you today, Claudia.  My Mom left her purse on the front porch once, and the police found it, but missing the cash.  

I helped out a little at the hospice office, and I went to Beall's where I found some jeans for $8 (with the senior discount).  I have found wearing capris with these compression hose can be very bad.  Yesterday, I was getting gasoline, and took a chance to wear my capris rather than long pants.  But, on one side the hose fell down -- hopefully no one saw it, but I have decided wearing shorter pants or skirts with the compression hose except in the house is a "no".   

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DD said they had a strong storm yesterday evening, so now the deck staining is on hold again.

Respected Contributor

That's a good buy on the jeans, Linda.

It's been another hot day here. We dropped off a caseload at Goodwill and another load at the scrap metal place. I have a load of laundry ready to go into the dryer. R is working on the garage.I

Hopefully your DD's deck will get stained sooner than later.

Tomorrow I need to.pick up the dog's flea medicine. I also need to stop at Wegmans while I'm in the area.

Griff decided to help himself to Tippy's chew toy and she protested loudly and at length. Giving her another toy didn't work. She wanted THAT one.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I was caught in a really awful downpour on my way to get my potty flushed.  I had a jacket and umbrella but still got pretty wet. Now it is sunny and warm.

i successfully sold my items at a much higher price than I had researched.For several reasons, things are tight for us...we will be fine but we are cutting way back on unnecessary expenses.

I am trying to decide if I want to go to Phoenix for my friends memorial service. It will be a minimal cost because we can use points for everything. I fell that I need to go but hate to spend extra $$$.

Linda..I admire you..I could not wear support stockings and long pants in heat.of course, v does it every day. Hope it quits raining enough for dd to get her deck stained.

Our satellite is out because there is a tree limb blocking it. Yikes.

Claudia..hope your day is going well.

sleep well.🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It seems like you always have so many chores, Claudia.  Hope the dogs are behaving and you made it to Wegmans.  

Sorry you got caught in the downpour, Barbara. But, great that you were able to sell your jewelry at a higher than expected price.  Hope you are able to take care of expenses just by cutting back. Not fun, but necessary at times.

I'm sure you will make the right decision about going to the memorial service in Phoenix, and you know how your friend will react if you do not make it.  However, I can only say that I didn't have a problem with expressions of sympathy that came late for whatever reason.   I wonder if your friend would be okay with you visiting with her when you get back to Phoenix -- maybe over lunch or dinner where you can express your condolences.  Just a thought.

I have to admit that I don't always wear the compression hose all day.  Sometimes, I just take them off in the evening, and I didn't wear them to church since I wanted to wear a dress that would have looked awful with the stockings.  Hopefully, they are doing some good, as are V's.

It is extremely hot here, but at least we don't have the bad air quality they are having in Phoenix.  I went swimming yesterday afternoon and it was great.  

The senior lunch program was a bit hectic today -- more for my buddy than me.  She had a whole lot of extra people for the salad bar, and then one of the participants threw out her (my buddies) salad (trying to help clean up) before she took one bite.  She was very angry and almost in tears.  It was a pretty foolish thing for the lady to do, and I happened to see her when she was about to throw out the food and questioned what she was doing. But, I didn't stop her, unfortunately.  

I'm a bit sleepy, but headed out to the gym in a little while.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda