Not very kosher!

It's OK to WEAR pigskin!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@hennypenny wrote:

Not very kosher!

It's OK to WEAR pigskin!

I think pigs are cute especially the little babies so I would say it's not okay.  

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

As of 1 a.m. they only sold 6,000.

So many against the Obi.....I wonder how they sold 6,000 !

Who's Buying these Obi's ? Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@hennypenny wrote:

Not very kosher!

It's OK to WEAR pigskin!

I think pigs are cute especially the little babies so I would say it's not okay.  

Oh...OOPS..........thought you were talking about Kashrut.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Gili was the best it's first year or two.  They were classic styles with just the right type of twist.  This was back when Lisa had her Friday night show and that was the only time Gili items would be shown, at least new Gili.  I would buy 1-2 things from every show.  

The last year or two that Lisa did it, and especially now, I find most of the items way way too trendy, some of which bordering on the bizarre.  They also have so much faux leather, it's the worst.  I would much rather have 1 real leather item than 5 faux leather, they all look so cheap and tacky.   

Super Contributor

Re: REALLY.....GILI JILL???

[ Edited ]

I know I will likely get slammed here for my opinion but the beauty of being over 40 is I don't care Smiley Happy

first off- The detailed explanation from Jill and on the models on how to wrap the OB belt is very helpful.  I own a few of the OB belts and in watching Jill and the girls picked up tricks and tips I can use .  Furthermore when you're shopping  at a store you're lucky if you could find any sales person to help you find something or even pay let alone give styling advice or explain anything so I appreciate all those things from Jill and the Q

also - QVC does a great job of featuring different lines for all different types of women's style , shapes,sizes and taste.   Obviously the Gili line is not for everyone just as Quacker  Factory, Logo and Linea isn't for others - so the bashing of Jill and the styles is ridiculous.  There are some women who work very hard at staying in great shape and like to wear well designed and fitted clothing - Jill being one of them .

To those who feel the need to attack her- I think it's very unkIind and reflects directly upon you

obviously there are many people who love the belts because they have sold a lot of them today 

everyone has the right to their own opinions and sense of style- thankfully QVC has many options 

I think Jill is doing an excellent job representing the brand and putting her own sense of style into it 

Respected Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

Gili was the best it's first year or two.  They were classic styles with just the right type of twist.  This was back when Lisa had her Friday night show and that was the only time Gili items would be shown, at least new Gili.  I would buy 1-2 things from every show.  

The last year or two that Lisa did it, and especially now, I find most of the items way way too trendy, some of which bordering on the bizarre.  They also have so much faux leather, it's the worst.  I would much rather have 1 real leather item than 5 faux leather, they all look so cheap and tacky.   

I agree with you 100%!

Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

'I'm sure Jill doesn't set the prices.

I'm sure she does'nt, but I'm sure the Q pays her a hugh salary to rep the brand and they are passing the cost along to the customer.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If Lisa R were still with QVC, this thread never would have been started by the OP. She'd be perfectly happy with the prices, the products and the presentations. 

As for wide leg pants, go to the Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman, etc. websites. There are plenty of them being shown.  

LipstickDiva, sorry but you are very wrong to say if it was Lisa I wouldn't have started this thread.  I would not be happy with the belt, the price or telling us how to tie this belt that's been shown constantly on the Q.  So please don't make assumptions and criticize me.  

I've never criticized Jill on her personal appearance.....how she dresses, wears her hair, her shoes, her makeup, her wardrobe, etc.  I did say since she took over the line, the prices have increased and they have.  Just look at the prices of the handbags and leather jackets.  I know she doesn't set the prices but does have input.  I have a friend who sold on the Q and I am privy to many things, including prices...... which I would never mention.  

Contributor

I am so tired of seeing them take those belts off and on multiple times during a presentation!!  I usually just turn the station when that belt is on.