Honored Contributor

GAGA 1gaga 2

If they can get this degree of technology RIGHT, why was all of the sound so OFF?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: GRAMMY COSTUMING GAGA GIFS

@LTT1

I did not watch the grammy's but saw the utube video of this performance and thought the whole tribute performace was off.

Honored Contributor

@hopi... I am thinking so too...
Regular Contributor

The sound was way off, and also the lighting, throughout the whole show. What a shame for all the performers who deserved better.  A sports arena is just not a good place for a musical broadcast I guess.

Respected Contributor

the entire program seemed off.  lighting, sound. ita the venue was wrong

Esteemed Contributor

I was tempted to watch the Grammys, but opted for the Westminster dogs instead. Seems like a good choice!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I watched Gaga's performance on youtube this morning.  I give her credit for wanting to honor David Bowie's contribution to popular music.  For me, David has too much material to cram into a medley.  I couldn't finish it, I found it chaotic and unpleasant.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama

I'm not a big fan of Gaga, but she is extremely talented.  I watched the youtube also and had the same reaction...chaotic...more about the special effects rather than the music...not that I was ever a Bowie fan either, but I was not impressed and didn't finish it.  Sometimes these performances come off as just trying too hard...and failing.  Maybe they didn't have enough time to do a tribute justice...?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the Gaga segment. Bowie was so theatrical in his early years, very few can pull it off.

But the one that gave me goosies, surprisingly, Demi Lovato for the Lionel Richie tribute. The girl can sing. Well done!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl@MacDUFF@Bird mama@MaggieMack@CatsyCline

One more observation... we watched the last hour of the Grammy's last night.  It seems that they got the sound problems worked out toward the end... sheesh!