Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen leads Remembrance Day Sunday observance at Cenotaph

https://www1.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2019111080401/the-queen-wears-five-poppies-remembrance-sunday...

Hello! magazine has an online article about why the Queen wears 5 poppies and why Kate is wearing the code breaker's poppy. Both Kate's grandmother and her grandmother's twin sister were code breakers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone interested in the poppy pin-you don't have to order it from the UK. As I posted before the Royal British Legion has a US site. Based in CA

A poppy pin is a poppy pin, it supports recognition of all veterans. My father is a Purple Heart war veteran still living with the visible and invisible wounds of war. There's no them and us, UK is our ally and we never fought against them in modern times. Not that I'm aware of.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Anyone interested in the poppy pin-you don't have to order it from the UK. As I posted before the Royal British Legion has a US site. Based in CA

A poppy pin is a poppy pin, it supports recognition of all veterans. My father is a Purple Heart war veteran still living with the visible and invisible wounds of war. There's no them and us, UK is our ally and we never fought against them. Not that I'm aware of.

@Greeneyedlady21 we haven't fought Great Britain since War of 1812 (and Revolutionary War, of course), i believe.  we are modern allies.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional Yes I wasn't including those, I was just commenting on the "us and them" post that was made. Couldn't imagine that anyone was going all the way back to those days. We haven't fought the UK in any modern times.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Is it just me?!!?  Does Camilla have a twin?  Is that a pic of Camilla on the right superimposed onto a pic of the Queen and Camilla on the left?  help.me!

camilla parker bowles news remembrance sunday the queen prince charles royal news

I thought the same thing. Strange picture.

Respected Contributor

@Moonlady   Veterans Day in the US honors all Veterans. Memorial Day honors those Veterans who died in service. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey Yes some people mix that up too

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

Is it just me?!!?  Does Camilla have a twin?  Is that a pic of Camilla on the right superimposed onto a pic of the Queen and Camilla on the left?  help.me!

camilla parker bowles news remembrance sunday the queen prince charles royal news

I thought the same thing. Strange picture.

Doesn't look like the same hat to me.   AND it is superimposed.  Look at the sharp outline of the coat in the photo on your right.  Different light, etc. 

Edited to add: And you don't see the individual feathers sticking out, which says it is a photo cropped out of a larger photo. 

Respected Contributor

Kate is so regal and beautiful. Love her coat. 

Respected Contributor

catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-attends-the-annual-news-photo-1573384621.jpg

Stunning