Valued Contributor

Gary Gobin with Denim & Co today on QVC 2 was showing a fake flannel shirt, (not cotton at all) and said flannel sometimes has to be ironed or even dry cleaned. A sales untruth. I have been wearing all sorts of flannel for 64 years and have never ever ever had to iron it not to mention dryclean it. Dryclean flannel? What?! I'm so sick of these lies to sell cheap fabric. I like watching QVC but am getting very tired of these untruth's. It's sort of deceptive advertising by running down a better fabric with untruths. 

Honored Contributor

Well, you know they have lost all sense of what's true when they mention outfits like LLBean in the same breath as their own flannel product. If people are satisfied with cheap stuff, ok, but they are not pulling anything over on those of us who know what real flannel looks like and performs.

Honored Contributor

@Whosits. Gary spends a lot of time traveling overseas and browsing in stores.  Who's to say he hasn't seen a flannel garment where dry cleaning was recommended, perhaps to prevent shrinkage since it's 100% cotton.  He knows a lot about fabric.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Flannel does not need to be dry cleaned. If it does you don't want it. They advise to wash flannel in mild detergent. I use Nellie's or other Goat Milk laundry detergent. Unless it's the cheap flannel it does not need to be ironed either.

I'm pretty sure they had a flannel shirt as a TSV that was poly/spandex blend. That's not a flannel shirt.

Go to Lands End, LL Bean or Vermont Country Store.

Esteemed Contributor

To the OP: are speaking about the Heavenly Jersey? 

Esteemed Contributor

Preach sister.

Get a REAL flannel shirt from the bean store.

Trusted Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

Gary Gobin with Denim & Co today on QVC 2 was showing a fake flannel shirt, (not cotton at all) and said flannel sometimes has to be ironed or even dry cleaned. A sales untruth. I have been wearing all sorts of flannel for 64 years and have never ever ever had to iron it not to mention dryclean it. Dryclean flannel? What?! I'm so sick of these lies to sell cheap fabric. I like watching QVC but am getting very tired of these untruth's. It's sort of deceptive advertising by running down a better fabric with untruths. 

@Whosits  I completely agree. The Denim & Co brand has gotten so cheaply made and cheap looking these days. 

I won’t buy from them anymore. It’s sad to see so many companies sell out in order to make more profits. Thankfully there are still a few quality clothing lines at QVC.

Their products stand out amongst the others.

Honored Contributor

I do lightly iron my flannel if I'm meeting someone, but certainly not around the house.

It seems some of the hosts forget we have common sense!

Honored Contributor

I've never seen cotton flannel sold on Denim & Co., which is good because i personally hate it.  It begins to look ratty with the first laundering and goes downhill from there.

The fabric to which the OP is referring is not flannel nor has anyone called it flannel.  It's  a very fine sweater knit that's a fabric that's cut and sewn.  It doesn't look or feel like flannel so why is anyone comparing the two?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99Ilost faith in LLB once they went to free shipping -  several of my favorite tops changed.  I did try them again about 3 years back -  one item -  it was almost worth the half-price sale. but I've had as good from companies not nearly as loved for their quality.  I don't say I'm done as many do, and I did look through the few things I saw at my local Sears.  REjected them for colors, noty necessaruly because of their quality.

I haven't purchased winter clothing for years, so I have no opinion on their sweaters, wools, jackets, etc.