Contributor

Is it my imagination, but is Quacker Factory getting a little pricey?  $40 plus for a cotton tee shirt.  Won't be purchasing much from that line.

Honored Contributor

@BicherI think you'll have company.

And some will continue to buy. Tthere's nothing wrong with the price assuming you like the style, the fabric, etc.

I walked through Target the other day just to get out of the heat.  LOts of tops for way less.  My problem was that I thought even their $6 tops were OVERPRICED given the poor quality of the fabric.  I might buy that quality for a child who will outgrow it in one season, but never for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Marge1994, I understand some may feel $40 is too much for a t-shirt.  However, if you get a good quality garment which you can wear over and over again, for more than one season, it's money well spent.  Sometimes the $10 tee is just that and proves it by only lasting a few weeks.

Millieshops, may I ask how to do that @ thing?  I'm pretty good figuring out tech stuff for myself, but can't seem to get this one Woman Embarassed.  Thank you .

Honored Contributor

hit your shift and the @ key

Honored Contributor

As prices ease up, the quality has gone down.  I've gotten a couple tops where the fabric was so cheap, I didn't even try them on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

QF is good quality I will stand up for them. I got her shorts and capris as long as I don't have a huge swing in wgt either up or down these should last and I like just a touch of bling not like those wacky tops, but, on the side slit of the shorts and capri's a few rhinestones or maybe embroidered flowers.

Sure can't find that at Dillards, Penny's, etc. I don't want zippers or buttons either just a pull on and off stretch waist. 

Just bought the prettiest top from Denim & Co. not posting the # though till I seen it's been shipped. I've been put on back order one to many times.

LOL

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@BicherI think you'll have company.

And some will continue to buy. Tthere's nothing wrong with the price assuming you like the style, the fabric, etc.

I walked through Target the other day just to get out of the heat.  LOts of tops for way less.  My problem was that I thought even their $6 tops were OVERPRICED given the poor quality of the fabric.  I might buy that quality for a child who will outgrow it in one season, but never for me.

@millieshops

Just out of curiosity how did you establish that the Target clothing, that are the identical fabrications to what you may be purchasing on the Q (and elsewhere) is of 'poor quality'?

I was there on Sunday myself and while I wasn't a fan of a good majority of the offerings (too long) I saw nothing in the construction or content that signaled inferior product...

@millieshops

Trusted Contributor

Quacker Factory is worth the price for me. One of my Quacker t-shirts was purchased at least 20 years ago. It has a large embroidered sunflower on it and I usually only wear it in the fall but it still looks great and I still get compliments on it! 

Honored Contributor

It's never been priced like Target or Walmart.  I don't think $40 is too much for  tee shirts of that quality.  

Super Contributor

@SharkE, thank you so much for this tip. Never to old to learn something new.