Highlighted
Regular Contributor

QVC Ordering, Quality Control Issues-- AGAIN!

QVC sent the wrong item in my recent Linea order-- sending an Izaac M. sweater with an item number nowhere near the new grey Linea ponte pants. The only good thing is that my advance order arrived the same day as Louis' recent shows-- so I quickly went online and ordered the pants before they sold out.

But if I hadn't been at home, or the delivery delayed even by a few hours, I would have been totally out of luck and left with many new grey Linea items that were meant to co-ordinate with the grey ponte pants-- but sold out pants!

This has happened in the past infrequently but in the past year it has happened to me multiple times. Sometimes I was eventually able to purchase the sold out item when returns were processed. But sometimes i've been just out of luck.

I am more than willing and happy to purchase many, many Linea items. But I am steamed that due to QVC's order fulfillment incompetence, Louis' customers may be deprived of the matching pieces they want to complete an outfit. I suppose many customers facing this dilemma would just return all the other pieces, thus raising Louis' return rate and making it more difficult for him to get the Q to re-order a popular item for future shows.

I plan to return the sweater with a strongly worded note, and will sent a copy to the PTB at Q's corporate office.

Regular Contributor

Re: QVC Ordering, Quality Control Issues-- AGAIN!

I should add that I am holding my breath until my substitute order of the ponte pants is actually delivered. I DO hope the Q can actually send the correct item this time!

Trusted Contributor

It doesn't seem like rocket science does it? I don't order much from the Q that isn't Linea, but the only things I have ever had messed up in the shipping is Linea. I have had more that one item in the past twelve months shipped wrong. It's beyond frustrating. And thankfully none of my pants. Scoring the right pair of pants is like winning the lottery around here.

Super Contributor

Luckily for me I've only had this problem once in all these year with the Q. Just recently Chicos did it to me. A jacket I wanted badly and had missed suddenly showed up on sale in my size. I jumped on it. A few days later a pair of pants arrived! Ugh!!
Trusted Contributor

I was stalking the red riding jacket a couple of years ago, when one suddenly appeared in a small, which was what I wanted. When it arrived, it was a large, and clearly said so in jacket, but slip said small. Very frustrating!
Respected Contributor

I feel your pain--it's happened to me, too. QVC mixing up a Linea order with another designer and size even. In my case, my item was sold out, but I eventually got it after stalking it. I'm not sure what happened to the other customer who got my jacket! It also took time for QVC to issue me a refund. Then once they did, they were charging me for shipping!!!Very frustrating!

Honored Contributor

Several years ago I ordered the Linea hobo skirt in olive. I received a carson Kressley (sp) long sleeve, man's style button shirt, white with purple stripes. Yikes! You could see the purple stripes through the clear cellephane package!! Duh.

When I called QVC, I happened to speak with a Jim who was a manager there of some sort. I don't know if it was training day, and he was at the helm, but he was AMAZING. Luckily the skirt was in (they had 2 left in my size, only TWO) so he ordered it for me. Then he said, keep the shirt. Throw it out, or donate it. The shirt was no where near the price of the skirt.

After I asked him how this happens, as the skirt was a different number, different color, different size, different color than what I ordered. I asked, "can't they see when the place it in the bag it is a different item entirely. He said, no, because they don't really look. They are in a warehouse with hundreds of bins with item numbers on the front of bin. They take the order slip,read the bin #, reach inside the bin, grap the item, then place it in the bag/box and it goes to the next person. The next person takes the address label off the order page, seals and affix's the label.

The wrong items are in the bin because someone has put wrong number on a bin, or someone has thrown another item into the bin. Once in a great while QVC receives items from factory with wrong item # already on it, or an employee mismarks the whole batch. Yikes.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing that Shoekitty. It's a vivid visual image Smiley Happy Makes me wonder how anything gets here correctly

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/18/2014 shoekitty said:

Several years ago I ordered the Linea hobo skirt in olive. I received a carson Kressley (sp) long sleeve, man's style button shirt, white with purple stripes. Yikes! You could see the purple stripes through the clear cellephane package!! Duh.

When I called QVC, I happened to speak with a Jim who was a manager there of some sort. I don't know if it was training day, and he was at the helm, but he was AMAZING. Luckily the skirt was in (they had 2 left in my size, only TWO) so he ordered it for me. Then he said, keep the shirt. Throw it out, or donate it. The shirt was no where near the price of the skirt.

After I asked him how this happens, as the skirt was a different number, different color, different size, different color than what I ordered. I asked, "can't they see when the place it in the bag it is a different item entirely. He said, no, because they don't really look. They are in a warehouse with hundreds of bins with item numbers on the front of bin. They take the order slip,read the bin #, reach inside the bin, grap the item, then place it in the bag/box and it goes to the next person. The next person takes the address label off the order page, seals and affix's the label.

The wrong items are in the bin because someone has put wrong number on a bin, or someone has thrown another item into the bin. Once in a great while QVC receives items from factory with wrong item # already on it, or an employee mismarks the whole batch. Yikes.

Am I mistaken, or didn't we just see that Amazon does this with robotics? Is this yet another example where QVC is behind the times and flailing? I hope those who experience this gaffe have received warranted apologies and compensation of some sort for their error.

Honored Contributor

I ordered ACT flouride rinse from Amazon in November and they sent me ACT flouride mouthwash instead.

Even robots can get it wrong ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN