Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - NO MORE TRENDY CLOTHES!!! MORE CLASSIC CLOTHING STYLES!!!

LL Bean, Lands End and Orvis have very classic styles.  Maybe you could try looking at their websites.

Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I think they prefer the loose casual styles because they will more easily fit more body types.  I also feel like that is the trend even for other clothing venues, stretchy or loose.  Well, except for sleeves.  For some reason sleeves are getting skinnier. 

@Icegoddess  They have to recognize that there are a lot of us that prefer other styles and we all don’t want to look alike. Also, there are many of us that will pay a lot for an item of clothing that is to our style and well made. Key feature, well made, a very rare thing these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love the Dialogue line - beautiful, classic clothing. Now, its either frumpy elastic waist pull-on pants, or Martha Stewart torn knees jeans. I agree with the OP - please bring back classic clothing, with reasonable prices. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I think they tried that with the Brooks Shield line and it bombed! (By bombed, I mean it didn’t sell well). For dressy work clothes, I buy from Talbots. Virtually all of my casual clothes are from QVC (largely LOGO).

@Goldengate8361  Brook Shields attempted it but very poorly. She tried to combine preppy with trendy and it bombed. Plus her clothes were not quality made nor did she use quality material. Huge bell sleeves on an oxford shirt does not equate to classic clothing.  She also used ruffles and lace, also not typically classic or preppy, more trendy. I was disappointed in her line, but she is a great actress.

Exactly! I purchased a Brook Shields skirt and it was terrible quality! I returned it immediately....terrible quality. It was $$ and disappointing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra

"Crisp, tailored, preppy " -- none of that sounds like it speaks to QVC's largest demographic of women shoppers, or even a modest amount of shoppers.  I think you'd be hard-pressed to get a large enough percentage of women to buy that style today, at least those that shop at QVC.  There are probably enough women here that dread any numerical sizing when the item calls for it, as opposed to the popular letter (S/M/L/etc.) sizing. 

Brooks Brothers has what you're looking for, based on your description.  Also, Sumissura is made-to-order for tailored, preppy clothing.  You may like those sites.

Trusted Contributor

I think Louis and Joan Rivers will give you more classic styles. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra- I get what you're saying.  I still work and need professional clothes. The old Dialogue and Jessica Holbrook lines were tailored.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

LL Bean, Lands End and Orvis have very classic styles.  Maybe you could try looking at their websites.

Good luck

@Imaoldhippie  We’re talking about clothing at QVC. We would like to see more preppy, tailored, classic and sophisticated clothing. Not all casual like LL Bean, Lands End or Orvis. Besides theirs is no longer well made. They’ve cut corners and lost a lot of customers too. More stylish and sophisticated classic clothing.  Martha Stewart has some nice pieces on QVC, thankfully. We’re talking solid, striped, and pattern no-wrinkle, no-tuck, well made, oxford shirts. No wrinkle, well made, premium material pant and other non-trendy well made fashions.

Valued Contributor

(sigh) as I'm becoming older (almost 65), I'm dressing more like my mother.  I like pants w/elastic waists due to weight loss/gain, looking more at knit pants, and (gasp) actually looked at a pair of slacks on the Q that had the seam running down the front. I believe they were described as "pintuck stitched detail along front" LOL

That said, I dislike high/low hems, cold shoulder, shirts with  strings & tassels, and overly tight shirts. Just simple clothing, please. 

Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Ketra- I get what you're saying.  I still work and need professional clothes. The old Dialogue and Jessica Holbrook lines were tailored.

@qbetzforreal  That’s what I’m talking about! Clothes that empower a woman and make her feel stylish, sophisticated and pulled together. Not all the trendy ruffles, lace, bell sleeves.... that make a woman look like a little girl in the work place. (At least to her male counterparts) Clothes in the workplace should make you look polished, stylish and sophisticated, not be a distraction from what you are contributing. I know that’s a personal choice and just my humble opinion. The top female CEOs in this country all dress in classic styles, even in their casual wear and they do so fo a reason. You are taken more seriously while establishing yourself in the work place if you are not trying too hard or looking like a little girl with all the ruffles and lace... Again my humble opinion from years of experience in the corporate world and real world. But really, it’s all about what makes you feel  confident, empowered and valued in your work environment,