Respected Contributor

Re: QVC - NO MORE TRENDY CLOTHES!!! MORE CLASSIC CLOTHING STYLES!!!

The classic look is not a style most women demand anymore for every day wear, unless you work in an environment where a preppier, tailored wardrobe is needed. It's all about versatility and comfort, and you can look good in that without being sloppy. The Q is selling what the majority wants, and it's not button down shirts, Oxfords, and chinos. There are many other places where you can find those clothes.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cumbercookie13

So true!  I buy my chinos and polos from LandsEnd.   I buy LOGO and SG from QVC.  

ETA:  Before I retired, I bought my corporate clothes from Macy's.

-----------------------

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
The classic look is not a style most women demand anymore for every day wear, unless you work in an environment where a preppier, tailored wardrobe is needed. It's all about versatility and comfort, and you can look good in that without being sloppy. The Q is selling what the majority wants, and it's not button down shirts, Oxfords, and chinos. There are many other places where you can find those clothes.

Trusted Contributor

@Ketra, I totally understand what you are saying.  I get it.  Hopefully The Q will bring us some great styles for 2019. Take care.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

When you say classic I picture Pamela Dennis.  High priced, hard to maintain and uncomfortable to wear.  Wonder how her line is doing lately?  Frankly I'm liking the entire way fashion is going lately.  Easy to wear, easy to care for.  No, I wouldn't wear a sweat shirt to church, so not quite that far.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow Denim and Co and Quaker Factory are so not trendy

True, but the OP asked for clothing that's more classic and sophisticated -- which sure ain't D&C and QF!

Respected Contributor

@cherry  Agree with you 100% re Brooke's line...

Respected Contributor

I still miss the old Jessica Holbrook garments. They were made of very nice materials, classy and classic styles.  Wish they would bring bak something similar.  Doesn't have to be "deigner" - just something more classic and non-trendy.

Honored Contributor

I would think that if there was a real money making market for such clothing they would sell more.  Obviously there is not!

Respected Contributor

Classy and classic are not interchangeable descriptive words.

Both classic and trendy styles can be classy--or not. 😎

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

(sigh) as I'm becoming older (almost 65), I'm dressing more like my mother.  I like pants w/elastic waists due to weight loss/gain, looking more at knit pants, and (gasp) actually looked at a pair of slacks on the Q that had the seam running down the front. I believe they were described as "pintuck stitched detail along front" LOL

That said, I dislike high/low hems, cold shoulder, shirts with  strings & tassels, and overly tight shirts. Just simple clothing, please. 

@CinNC

Actually, those pants wth the pintuck are very slimming, and not always knit.  I have some in woven fabrics.

I have that style from Soft Surroundings, Chico's, Dennis Basso, C Wonder (woven cotton), Halston, D&C (woven denim), and Susan Graver.