Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2014 Classique said:

Well I have never heard Callie but I also have never heard any of the HSN hosts or those on other stations go on and on about their pregnancy like Amy Stran. Really she has become totally obnoxious and I can't wait for her to leave. Now there is a poll re. favorite items in the nursery here!!! Look at the bottom on the right if you are interested in seeing this gauche display.

The other pregnant girls have so much more class. Amy should really have been told to knock it off by QVC top brass months ago! She is being very cheesy about this and even makes the items she sells look bad if anyone doesn't tune her out the minute she appears in one of those hideous tops. Cheesy LOL as in Brie (Bree).

I have known many pregnant women and worked with hundreds of them and imo Amy is just putting on one huge phony act. Nobody in real life behaves this way especially at her age and imo she's using QVC as her reality show starring her, Bree and Steve.

I think this is encouraged and quite possibly even prompted by TPTB on QVC. Amy and her DH did a photo shoot for QVC when she first announced her pregnancy and there have been a number of blogs posted on QVC about the babies room, etc. If it's posted on QVC, they are approving it.

I also believe all of Shawn's sharing about her wedding planning was encouraged by QVC.

Super Contributor

was there a point to this post? Do people watch t.v so they can comment on how bad or how big someone looks? Does it make them feel better about themselves? Even if every single person on television lied about their size, why in all that is holy would that make any difference in my life whatsoever? I only care about my size and never, ever look at anyone else and try to guess what size they are. It's not even a blip on my radar to care.

I would love to live next door to Carolyn. She is as real as they get and puts on no airs.

Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2014 Classique said:

Your reading comprehension is deplorable. I have no issues re. women and pregnancy. The issue is with women who are attention-seekers and use whatever they can to promote themselves at everyone else's expense. It is being done in an obnoxious way and is unprofessional. Did you vote on the favorite nursery item in the survey? RIDICULOUS and she didn't even shop for the nursery items at QVC except for gadgets to move furniture and a birdcage perhaps...LOL LAUGHING STOCK and get a load of the slippers that look like they'd fit a four year old!

Honestly, you are scary. Is someone forcing you to read these blogs about Amy and the baby? I saw the one about the nursery items. It didn't interest me so guess what? I didn't read it. I'm guessing you stalk her FB page and get all riled up about what you are reading as well.

This is Amy's first baby and it seems she may have had an issue getting pregnant so she's over the moon about it. So what? I'd rather see someone happy about being pregnant than women who are miserable the entire 9 months.

Super Contributor

I very rarely watch HSN and don't know any of their hosts except Colleen Lopez who I think is a class act. In general, I get a very mediocre feeling about HSN. QVC seems to be much more professional.

Valued Contributor

I have shopped both. I find HSN runs small, and QVC runs large. I think Carolyn is being honest. That woman does not have a bad bone in her body.

Honored Contributor

I don't know Amy, nor have I ever seen her on TV. I have seen her blogs featured, although I have not read them. Obviously I hear a lot about her on these threads.

This is my opinion. If you are in the media, film, tv, public corporations business, etc ...whatever, often events like (shawns wedding, Amy's baby, etc) are handled through media and communications for a reason. I am sure Amy and Shawn have a huge fan base. In the old days there was no other way for fans (or haters) to communicate with a celebrity but to write letters. In today's communication era, blogs, twitters, facebook, etc let a person communicate with their fan base. QVC as company does not to waste it's time and money writing letters, answering phone calls (and people DO call) for an employee. It is easier for the company to let their employee handle the fan base themselves. Hense Shaw's and Amy's blogs about their weddings, babies, etc. Same for Lisa, MaryBeth and the whole lot.

I am a long time QVC customer, since 1989. What I wouldn't have given for twitter, online blogs, facebook and these threads, when Judy and Jeff were married and divorced. LOL!OMG, these threads would have burned.

I am sure, (having heard Amy has been married for 10 years) she is beyond excited. Over the Moon, as one poster said, really fits here! Many, many QVC customer care and are interested in them. The hosts become part of people's circle. Amy is probably just sharing her life. Wait after a few sleepless nights, she might slow down a bit.

I would encourage anyone who detests a QVC product, Host, vendor, etc to not watch if it bothers you that much.

I am 66. I cannot tell you how many times I listened to younger women go on and on about birthing, child rearing, the stages of braces, and the problems incured with disposable diapers (who knew). Sometimes I feel I can deliver a baby in my sleep, and make diapers myself.I could even apply braces if I had too! Haha! But Mothers, especially first time or new Moms are so cute. Bless them all! They are young, raising their kids, and are joyful about it. Geesh, when I had my twins I didn't even know what a placenta was, until the time came.

Frequent Contributor
Carolyn has indicated many times that in qvc sizing she's a large and I heard her say once that in B & M stores she is usually a 14-16.. I doubt she's fibbing about her size.. I think she happens to be quite a lovely woman. And she loves pets too like me!!
Contributor
On 4/3/2014 Pook said:

You also have to take into consideration that Robin is taller than Carolyn and has much broader shoulders so it only stands to reason she would wear a larger size than Carolyn who is shorter and not as large boned as Robin with slight shoulders. It's obvious by looking at them.

I totally agree. I watch HSN once in awhile and have heard Robin say she is 6 feet tall. Plus I think, although a larger girl, she is better portioned.

Contributor

I have seen Carolyn in person and she is much prettier in person and much SMALLER. You are one angry woman!

Honored Contributor

I don't think you can compare sizes between QVC and HSN hosts.