Super Contributor
I was watching HSN for a Yummies show today. The host, Robin, who in my opinion, is very honest about her size, said she can wear anywhere from a 12 to a 16 depending on the designer. Compare the LOOK of her body to the LOOK of Carolyn Gracie and tell me that Carolyn is only a size LARGE. Please people, come on! I think Robin dresses appropriately. Carolyn, not so much. If Carolyn is wearing a size LARGE, she shouldn't be. Oh and by the way I watch all of the shopping channels, when I want to, so don't tell me, well then go watch HSN.
Honored Contributor

You also have to take into consideration that Robin is taller than Carolyn and has much broader shoulders so it only stands to reason she would wear a larger size than Carolyn who is shorter and not as large boned as Robin with slight shoulders. It's obvious by looking at them.

Super Contributor
It also should be taken into consideration that Carolyn is so much wider than Robin and probably not by genetics.
Esteemed Contributor

And don't HSN sizes more closely mirror that of B&M versus QVC's vanity sizing?

Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2014 Grace K said: It also should be taken into consideration that Carolyn is so much wider than Robin and probably not by genetics.

She may be wider but because of her smaller stature, would wear a smaller size.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago Levis ran a major ad campaign for their fit your numerical size by your body type jeans (I forget what the jeans were called). The point of the campaign was to show a half dozen models of varying heights and body shapes ALL wearing the same size jeans. This logic applies to all clothes regardless of what the brand or who the retailer is. It's another reason why during a shopping spree taking place on the same day-- many woman can go home with clothing purchases (for themselves) in multiple sizes.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/3/2014 Trix said:

A couple of years ago Levis ran a major ad campaign for their fit your numerical size by your body type jeans (I forget what the jeans were called). The point of the campaign was to show a half dozen models of varying heights and body shapes ALL wearing the same size jeans. This logic applies to all clothes regardless of what the brand or who the retailer is. It's another reason why during a shopping spree taking place on the same day-- many woman can go home with clothing purchases (for themselves) in multiple sizes.

Trix, you are so right. I can go shopping and wear one size in one brand and another size in another brand. But even within the same brand, sometimes it varies depending on the garment. Same with Denim & Co, SG, etc. - sometimes I wear a small, sometimes a medium, I even had to get a large in one particular Isaac tee shirt. And I don't know why, but I just don't believe that Carolyn is a vain person and she would not lie about her size. JMO...

Honored Contributor

This is nothing more than a thread to slam Carolyn Gracie.

You cannot tell what size someone wears by looking at them. Many factors come into play.

I have 2 relatives in my family who I am very close to. One wears an XS top and a size 4 bottom. The other wears a small top and a size 6 bottom. To my eye, the one who wears the size 6 looks thinner through the butt, thighs and hips than the size 4. So you just can't tell.

Respected Contributor
On 4/3/2014 LipstickDiva said:

This is nothing more than a thread to slam Carolyn Gracie.

You cannot tell what size someone wears by looking at them. Many factors come into play.

I have 2 relatives in my family who I am very close to. One wears an XS top and a size 4 bottom. The other wears a small top and a size 6 bottom. To my eye, the one who wears the size 6 looks thinner through the butt, thighs and hips than the size 4. So you just can't tell.

Agree. How pathetic is it for anyone to become so obsessed with someone?

OP - You're a real piece of work.

Respected Contributor

I don't really care what the hosts wear or what their size is or what they say it is. It just does not bother me and I don't let it affect me enough to talk about it.