Super Contributor

I really enjoyed seeing these gorgeous fashions.  If I was young & thin I would love to wear most of them.  

I especially like #15, the black top & pink & black skirt.&  #  4 the pink lace with spaghetti straps.

Thanks for posting these.

Trusted Contributor

That's a Chinese Dragon on the skirt.

1200px-Chinese_dragon_asset_heraldry.svg.png

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

#13 & #15  I’ll be waiting by the mail box!

Know it’s staged, but #15 calls to me, looks like two good friends getting together for an outing.

Thanks for sharing, I do love the Ritz.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

That's a Chinese Dragon on the skirt.

1200px-Chinese_dragon_asset_heraldry.svg.png

Oh my, you're right @MezzieStarr .  But still unfortunate placement!Smiley Embarassed

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

#'s 9, 11 and 12 are my favs from this group!  I probably would never wear them but I think they are beautiful!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

When I look at these photos, I know that part of my life is over (husband and mother strokes, husband Alzheimer's, beagle cancer). HOWEVER, I am reminded that I still care about fashion and I still want to look nice. My daughter gave me hell yesterday for a package that came for me from talbots. They had a huge sale and I bought three casual pieces. She criticized me for spending money when I'll be paying a fortune for husband's care. In addition to the inappropriateness of the remark, I realized she doesn't get it. I refuse to stop caring about life and for me that includes a little money spent on looking and feeling good about myself. 

No, she doesn't get it.  Good for you.  You have to take care of yourself first before you can be any good to others. Unless your daughter is footing the bill or helping with finances, it is NONE of her business.  I would have to tell her to butt out, take a hike, or however you wish to convey the message.  Woman Wink  Stay strong, Vivian.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

For me, the white pant suit is my idea of "Puttin on the Ritz" .....in fact that is what I wore for our wedding 44 years ago.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Puttin' on the Ritz...

[ Edited ]

Vivian, your daughter was very rude. It's none of her business what you buy. I hope you told her that ,not calling her rude to her face, but telling her that it's your money to spend as you want. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor
I really enjoyed looking at these pics. I think they are all lovely, even though my dressing up for nice occasion days are over.
Honored Contributor

My favorites are…

#6 Classic and understated 
#7 Love a white suit 
#13 & #14 A bit edgy for my style, but I like the looks
#15 Beautiful embroidered skirt