Honored Contributor

Re: Put up a tasteful sign for the UPS delivery person

I must just be very fortunate then, as I have never had a problem with deliveries from any of the sources mentioned here. USPS, UPS, FED-EX, they all do their jobs and are all very pleasant if I happen to see them coming or be outside when they show up. A few even carry treats for dogs with them and always give mine a treat. She (dog) loves being outside when they come. Lol
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I don't need to do a thing. My UPS delivery person is very good. 

He is considerate without my asking him to. He rings the bell. He has ASKED ME where I want larger packages put. He makes sure packages are where I can find them but also where they are not visible from the street. 

He rang the bell once and told be he hand already reported the package he was delivering as damaged based on the way it sounded. He had written a note stating that and signed it just in case I wasn't home. He was correct; the item was broken in many pieces. 

Valued Contributor

We have a sign for deliveries as we have the back door, the renter's door and the front door. It's not rude to provide info to drivers so they don't have to figure out where the package should go when there are several doors to choose.